Forum > Shadow World

Query: a Shadow World Checklist

<< < (19/19)

Jenkyna:

--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on January 04, 2018, 12:00:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: The White Wolf on January 04, 2018, 11:19:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on January 02, 2018, 07:15:00 AM ---
Vog Mur is too small to do hardbound. The best would be saddle-stitch, and it would have to be completely redone and updated. Much of it appears in Emer II, which will have a new edition hopefully later in 2018.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was thinking the original Loremaster books might all be getting a similar treatment to Cloudlords.

--- End quote ---

I believe the original Iron Wind is available as  PDF; I doubt it will be updated any time soon for multiple reasons. Shade of the Sinking Plain will not be revisited in any form, because of license and compatibility issues. Vog Mur was originally written by Pete Fenlon and Kurt Fischer as a D&D module proposal in the 70's; it is also available as a scanned PDF, and I think will only be updated/adapted as in Emer II. Those are the four original pre-Shadow World 'Loremaster' books.

Best Wishes,

Terry

--- End quote ---

Well Cloudlords is pretty awesome in and of itself. I didn't even know about 'Shade,' I thought there were only three. I have the other three in their original release form, and the Iron Wind PDF, plus the hardbound cloudlords. I'm going to have to hunt down Shade of the Sinking Plain on Ebay now.   ;D

Thanks for the detailed response.

Terry K. Amthor:

--- Quote from: The White Wolf on January 04, 2018, 05:21:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on January 04, 2018, 12:00:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: The White Wolf on January 04, 2018, 11:19:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on January 02, 2018, 07:15:00 AM ---
Vog Mur is too small to do hardbound. The best would be saddle-stitch, and it would have to be completely redone and updated. Much of it appears in Emer II, which will have a new edition hopefully later in 2018.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was thinking the original Loremaster books might all be getting a similar treatment to Cloudlords.

--- End quote ---

I believe the original Iron Wind is available as  PDF; I doubt it will be updated any time soon for multiple reasons. Shade of the Sinking Plain will not be revisited in any form, because of license and compatibility issues. Vog Mur was originally written by Pete Fenlon and Kurt Fischer as a D&D module proposal in the 70's; it is also available as a scanned PDF, and I think will only be updated/adapted as in Emer II. Those are the four original pre-Shadow World 'Loremaster' books.

Best Wishes,

Terry

--- End quote ---

Well Cloudlords is pretty awesome in and of itself. I didn't even know about 'Shade,' I thought there were only three. I have the other three in their original release form, and the Iron Wind PDF, plus the hardbound cloudlords. I'm going to have to hunt down Shade of the Sinking Plain on Ebay now.   ;D

Thanks for the detailed response.

--- End quote ---

Don't bother re Shade. I don't consider it 'canon,' and it's not really set even in the Loremaster milieu, much less Shadow World.

Jenkyna:

--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on January 04, 2018, 11:10:17 PM ---Don't bother re Shade. I don't consider it 'canon,' and it's not really set even in the Loremaster milieu, much less Shadow World.

--- End quote ---

It's actually more about completing my collection of ICE books. I have all of the original RM/SW/MERP/SM books that I knew of back in the day, but there are a few I don't. I'm also looking to get mint or as near to mint copies off stuff that I used to run games back in the day and is no longer mint as a result. When you have 6 people thumbing through spell law every game night it takes it's toll on the books. The PDF's are great, because I can read them on tablet.

Now the hard copies all stay in protective covers, my precioussss!  ;D

I always do the hard/soft copy + pdf through RPGNow for that reason, and that combo for these releases is really appreciated.

Jenkyna:
Duplicate post, and can't delete it...

Erondor78:
would it actually be possible to have timeline dates incorporated into the checklist? for the adventure modules if possible?

just to get a grip on the when and not just the where. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version