Author Topic: need background on the race titans for shadow world or rolemaster  (Read 558 times)

Offline markyboy156

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
hi all

I need background plus racial stats plus adolescence tables plus all info regarding the race titans for shadow world and role master which books do they appear in

I found info for titans in shadow world master atlas 4th edition
found the stats but there are no adolescence tables for them and what special abilities they get need this info

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: need background on the race titans for shadow world or rolemaster
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 01:43:48 PM »
The reason why this information was not provided is probably that the original author did not consider them available as player races. After all, they are major spirits of Orhan, one step below gods.

Granted, playing a titan campaign might sound fun (especially if you play *the* titans, the six Masters of Emer), but in that case, adolescence skill ranks are probably the least of one's concerns :D

Offline kmanktelow

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:40:06 PM »
Adding to MisterK's comment about them being intended as NPC's, the majority of Shadow World was written for 2nd Edition, with odd RMSS stating added - so there was no Adolecence skill ranks, talents etc.

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 12:01:41 AM »
I suspect a big reason why it does not exist is that there is no proper system for assigning Adolecence ranks in RMSS. The "balance" comes from the line editior making manual comparasions with already published material. Doing this for all the Shadow World races is a lot of work.

RMU is the first edition where there is an actual point-buy system so you can create cultures/adolecence rank assigments with reasonable work. If you not ready to switch to RMU yet, you might want consider trying to port that part of the system back to RMSS.
/Pa Staav