Author Topic: Revised Profession  (Read 1622 times)

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Revised Profession
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »
Looking good. I would let a player use this (if it made sense for my setting), and I think it would be interesting to play. Some relatively trivial notes:

True Visions:
Nightsight: I would define this more clearly in terms of penalties. Could be the same as Nightvision, or if you want it to be better (which is fine I think) you could say there are no penalties for anything short of pitch dark.
Merged Sight: there's a typo here.
Darksight: would be useful to specify whether this does or doesn't include Utterdark.

Mind Visions:
Mind Typing I, Finding I: typos here.

Temporal Visions:
Origins: "place of origin"
Intuitions: there's been lots of discussion of this spell. I would use the RMU wording which is "Caster gains a vision of what will probably happen in the next minute if the caster takes a specified action." The word "probably" is very important here.

Also need to add the spell types for three of the lists.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Eladan

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Revised Profession
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »
@Jdale - You rock man. Appreciate the proofing. Saved me my 24-hour revisit rule. And your endorsement of letting a player try it is good enough for me!

Changed Nightvision to Darkvision and the higher level Darkvision to Utterdarkvision. Since I'm still unsure of the ruling of whether Utterlight or Utterdark is stronger, Utterdark sees through Darkness spells and allows a RR vs Utterdarkness.
"And it may be that Eru has set in me a fire greater than thou knowest."