Author Topic: Director's Briefing - June 2021  (Read 1466 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - June 2021
« on: June 04, 2021, 02:17:11 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-twentieth Briefing and sixth scheduled Briefing of 2021. I hope that you and yours are staying well. My ICE todo list is getting longer, but in a good way.

HARP

Thank you to everyone who has spotted and reported errata in the early adopter version of HARP Bestiary. We will endeavour to fix the errata and add a series of bookmarks to the pdf in the next few weeks before preparing a print master for DriveThruRPG / OneBookShelf.

Nick Morawitz has not been resting on his laurels – he has produced the complete layout innards of the HARP Garden of Rain pdf and that is now awaiting my review.

Shadow World

I had the opportunity to do some final checks on Brian Hanson’s Priest-King of Shade, so took that opportunity. More artwork and cartography requests to be added to Colin’s queue!

RMU

The virtuous flow of artwork contracts from us to artists, artwork from the artists to us and payment in turn to the artists continues.

Even bigger news is that Aaron has sent through nearly all of the first volume of RMU Creature Law. There are some tables he is still working on and Jonathan is undertaking some additional tweaks and consistency work between RMU Treasure Law and RMU Creature Law. (He is Rolemaster Line Editor so far better he fix any residuals now rather than having to endure them later on.) I have already had a first look at the Creature Law volume manuscript and I am not seeing any major issues – I do have to do the detailed editing pass, which I expect will take time but only because this is a big manuscript. This means RMU Creature Law has queue-jumped on the RMU Character Companion manuscript.

ERA Software

In ERA, preparations are very far advanced with regard to enabling ERA support and datasets for Spacemaster: Privateers. There may be additional updates to ERA itself as a consequence.

Until next time

Please stay safe.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - June 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 10:50:15 AM »
Thanks very much for the update. I'm glad to see RMU coming along.

I know I'm being a pain, and it might be too late for this, but I feel obligated (for the sake of new players especially) to make one last appeal for a Shock Bolt table. Shock Bolt is by far the most common elemental attack spell in the game, and the first elemental attack spell many (most?) classes learn, yet there is no table for it. This means that the very first experience players will have with the new tables and new size rules is having to constantly downsize a Lightning Bolt by three steps and adjust the hits delivered... literally every time they make an attack. You can't just use the Small Lightning Bolt table because it lists 0.75 hits and you need 0.50. And in addition to being literally forced to make manual size adjustments every time you attack, you also now have a Shock Bolt that is many times more damaging than it ever was in previous editions: instead of maxing out at 14 hits and a  'B' critical, it can now do 30 hp of damage and F criticals, rivalling and in some cases exceeding a Fire Bolt in damage and criticals done.

Shock Bolt needs its own table, and that table needs to be toned down from a Diminutive Lighting Bolt. That will add 1 page to the core rules, but it is most definitely worth it.

Please... think of the children!  :)
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 01:38:36 PM »
Hurin's right, we could use a shock bolt table.

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 10:36:33 PM »
Agree 100% with the call for a Shock Bolt table for exactly all the reasons Hurin listed.

#savetheshock

;D

Nightblade ->--