Author Topic: Director's Briefing - February 2021  (Read 1665 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - February 2021
« on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:17 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-sixteenth Briefing and second scheduled Briefing of 2021. I hope that you and yours are staying well.

Website

While the .com website has behaved itself last month, we continue to advance with the “backup” site at www.ironcrown.co.uk. The forums will migrate formally there in due course, but I have already prepared the way by installing a SSL certificate so the new website will be a secure one.

Conventions

Various conventions have announced dates, some later than normal, for this year. They are all very tentative for obvious reasons and not sufficiently firm to be more than Hold the Date exercises at the moment.

HARP

The number sixteen has now become the number seventeen with the arrival of the first draft of HARP Steampunk by Phil Masters, author of many roleplaying rulebooks and sourcebooks particularly for GURPS.

The artwork is all in for HARP Beyond the Veil, and there have been further updates for HARP Garden of Rain in terms of its artwork. Meanwhile while Terry is working on HARP Subterfuge, Nick Morawitz is tackling HARP Bestiary.

Shadow World

When not wrestling with Subterfuge tables, Terry is still making progress on mini-adventures and Emer IV. We have some initial RMU thinking and a potential RMU Shadow World module coming into view.

RMU

Aaron Smalley and Jonathan Dale continue to work through the unexpected gotchas of Creature Law – such as making the Elementals more consistent in level across the various types, how best to show defensive bonuses, and most recently the diving attacks of birds and flying creatures.

Until next time

Please stay safe.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - February 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »

Aaron Smalley and Jonathan Dale continue to work through the unexpected gotchas of Creature Law – such as making the Elementals more consistent in level across the various types, how best to show defensive bonuses...

I'm really glad that work is being done on how to show creature DBs. Right now, I can't tell the DB vs. Missile of many creatures in Creature Law: this is due to the fact that passive Running/Dodge ranks don't apply to Missile attacks, and the book does not tell me how much of creatures' DB comes from passive ranks.

Ideally, imho, passive ranks (of all types) would just be eliminated altogether, but I imagine that is not going to happen. In lieu of that, I need a way to tell how much of a Creature's DB comes from passive ranks, or else I simply won't know what a creature's DB is.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle