Author Topic: Director's Briefing - July 2020  (Read 1548 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - July 2020
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:13:41 AM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-ninth Briefing and seventh Briefing of 2020. We sincerely hope that you and yours are still staying safe and managing as best you can in these trying circumstances. This Briefing has been a little delayed (it is harder to get out of lockdown than it is to go into lockdown).

Bob Mohney RIP

It is with sadness that we report the death of Robert (Bob) Mohney Jr on 10 June 2020 after a year-long battle with cancer. Rolemaster fans will recognize his name from the ICE staff credits in many books of the 1990s for editing, design and production work, including coauthorship on Weapons Law:Firearms. Our sincere condolences to his mother Carol and all his family.

Website

The website is back, at least for now. We are not certain that this is fully stable so there is work behind the scenes still ongoing on this.

Online Conventions

Colin has been working tirelessly to get us up and running for the online convention season. He has been nobly assisted by a team of heroic fans who have been putting together adventures and digital tool support. I have registered personally for Gen Con Online and hope to be able to do something. We have also registered for the virtual version of UK Games Expo.

HARP and Cyradon

HARP Subterfuge is with Terry for his layout magic and he’s been able to make a start. The cover art for HARP Bestiary is well underway – Colin and I have seen drafts and it already looks brilliant.

Colin has made a start on his edits to the Cyradon setting base book but this is currently a background task.

I have also had sight of a preview video for the next version of AutoHARP which is currently under development. David Klecker will be seeking feedback on his plans in due course.

Shadow World

Bruce Meyer has been working on the spells for a HARP version of the Rolemaster Monk for the
HARP Handbook for Shadow World.

Terry is still working on his next adventure and Emer IV.

Rolemaster

I have been editing RMU as my main company task for June, focusing on the Arms Law & Character Law manuscript. I am very pleased to report that it is indeed excellent and I have no significant changes to request of Jonathan Dale. Thus a major component of RMU is now essentially stable and we will be ensuring that our software developers have access to this so that they can push forward with RMU versions of software. I am now turning my editing attention to the new RMU Spell Law.

Until next time

Please stay safe.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - July 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »
Very glad to hear of all the progress on the RMU front, especially the software!

On the website issues, if it helps to have a user's perspective, it has been quite stable on my end for the last few weeks. When it first came back, I did get some 500 (or was it 503?) errors, but the last few weeks have been good.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Director's Briefing - July 2020
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Yay the web site is back!
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.