Author Topic: Director's Briefing - October 2019  (Read 2525 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - October 2019
« on: October 07, 2019, 02:24:52 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundredth Briefing and ninth Briefing of 2019. It really is the hundredth Briefing, which astonishes me.

Shadow World

As you might have noticed, we released the Haunted Village mini-adventure last month. As an experiment, we decided to release it as a Pay What You Want rather than either as a set price or completely free. Thank you to everyone who purchased The Haunted Village, whether you paid the suggested price or were even more generous. As we expected, many copies were downloaded for free, but there’s been an increase in sales of the bigger Shadow World sourcebooks, so it did its key job.

Terry has been continuing to bring Haalkitaine to completion in terms of the final new adventures. The RMSS stats have been commissioned and are underway. We want Haalkitaine available in pdf as soon as possible and print copies ready for Dragonmeet (Saturday 30th November).

HARP Fantasy and HARP SF

First off, HARP Bestiary. I am not quite finished with the BMR table and tidying up the chapters for Terry.

Secondly, Colin has taken over the role of art direction and his first task has been to read through HARP Subterfuge and come up with a list of artwork suggestions. He is now in the process of commissioning the artwork.

Thirdly HARP Garden of Rain is now with Colin for him to produce its artwork list (- yes, Colin now has a queue of his very own), while Joel Lovell is working on the necessary cartography.

My queue remains HARP Bestiary, HARP Beyond the Veil, Cyradon, Priest-King and RMU.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in November 2019.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Fingolfin80

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - October 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:07:25 AM »
I deduce that RMU is stationary, or more or less in the situation it was last month. Any chance to se the "singularity" this year?

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 11:24:53 PM »
We were waiting for the singularity for RMU to get in the editing queue, and now it's there. CrL isn't done (so technically not the singularity) but there's good progress and it could be by the time A&CL, SL, and TL have been edited (which is essentially the same outcome but sooner).
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Fingolfin80

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 02:23:50 AM »
We were waiting for the singularity for RMU to get in the editing queue, and now it's there. CrL isn't done (so technically not the singularity) but there's good progress and it could be by the time A&CL, SL, and TL have been edited (which is essentially the same outcome but sooner).

You are right, I've choosen my words poorly. My concerns are not about the start of the editing queue but about its end, so more precisely the question should have been "will be any chance to see RMU published this year?".

Offline Merioch

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
Good question. I would also love to see an answer to it even if it's just a guesstimate.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »
RMU will not be published this year.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Merioch

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:41 AM »
Thank you, Nicholas. Your answer is much appreciated. Looking forward to the new year then.

Best,
Merioch

Offline Fingolfin80

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 05:10:57 AM »
I agree, this clear answer is very appreciated, even though a bit discouraging. Thank you, Nicholas.
I hope 2020 will be the year we are all waiting for.