Author Topic: Director's Briefing - August 2019  (Read 1897 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - August 2019
« on: August 04, 2019, 02:39:18 AM »
Welcome

To the ninety-eighth Briefing and unexpectedly seventh Briefing of 2019. As Colin indicated in last month’s newsletter, my real-world job swiftly got out of hand in June and remained so throughout virtually all of July, leaving me no time for anything else. I am now back in action and picking up on all the running projects.

GenCon 2019

Initial reports from our shared booth with Pointy Hat Games at GenCon 2019 are very encouraging, so a big thank you to Patrick of Pointy Hat Games for orchestrating the necessary organisation and to Monte and Nick for manning the booth so ably, and to all the other fans and volunteers.

Website Outages

We have been unable to achieve a satisfactory conclusion from our hosting provider with regard to a permanent solution for the website outages. We are drawing up plans to migrate our website to a new hosting provider. There will be inevitable disruption during the transition period, but we will provide advance warning of the timings of the move.

Shadow World

Terry has now produced 26,000 words of new content for Haalkitaine, and that is before completing the new adventures

RMU

Aaron is currently working hard on dividing up the Creature Law draft into its two volumes.

HARP Fantasy and HARP SF

Following up with freelancers on the status of their projects, checking on the art direction on the finalised manuscripts, and trying to finish the editing of HARP Bestiary.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in September 2019.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - August 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »
Welcome

To the ninety-eighth Briefing and unexpectedly seventh Briefing of 2019. As Colin indicated in last month’s newsletter, my real-world job swiftly got out of hand in June and remained so throughout virtually all of July, leaving me no time for anything else. I am now back in action and picking up on all the running projects.

Just glad your ok. I was beginning to wonder since the briefings are pretty reliable.

Welcome

We have been unable to achieve a satisfactory conclusion from our hosting provider with regard to a permanent solution for the website outages. We are drawing up plans to migrate our website to a new hosting provider. There will be inevitable disruption during the transition period, but we will provide advance warning of the timings of the move.

Simplemachines is pretty out of date as a forum software. There are some much better options out there, but they aren't as cheap. I'm active on forums that used Patreon to fund the move to a better platform, so that's an option.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 01:20:56 PM »
@Nicholas,

Your signature still points to rpgnow which was retired and shutdown earlier this year.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 02:47:51 PM »
Signature fixed - thanks for reminding me.

The DriveThru unification appears to have unified the product metal rankings at last - so HARP Fantasy is now a Platinum seller and a number of our other products have gained long awaited ranking promotions.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme