Forum > Cyradon

DM question about Belynar (Spoiler Alert)

(1/2) > >>

dutch206:
After reading the Cyradon Quarterly #1, I have a few questions about running a campaign in this setting.

If one of the characters were to have the "Minor Cyrad Heritage" blood talent, how would the REAL Cyrads react to this person?

In theory, since this PC would be of "Cyrad Blood", the wards and protections placed on the Mithran Vault and the second Portal wouldn't work on him or her.  Would they perceive such a character as a threat in need of elimination?

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Cyradon Gazetteer, not Cyradon Quarterly.  ;D

There are many throughout the world with Cyrad blood of some sort. While the Cyrads were enlightened, they were hardly celibate.

The spells most likely only allow those of FULL Cyrad blood, or if they weren't, they would update those spells and wards once they learned of somebody with Cyrad blood running through their veins (it is also possible that they picked Grayson as leader of the refugees because he has some Cyrad blood in HIS veins, and thus the spell takes those not of full blood into account).

The Cyrads are manipulators. They do not needlessly kill. Nor would they kill somebody just because that person MIGHT pose a problem to their plans. They would, instead, alter those plans accordingly, to counter any disruption that said person might cause.

dutch206:
tyvm  :worthy:

bunny:

--- Quote from: dutch206 on November 25, 2007, 01:00:07 PM ---If one of the characters were to have the "Minor Cyrad Heritage" blood talent, how would the REAL Cyrads react to this person?

In theory, since this PC would be of "Cyrad Blood", the wards and protections placed on the Mithran Vault and the second Portal wouldn't work on him or her.  Would they perceive such a character as a threat in need of elimination?

--- End quote ---
I dont know if you were looking for official answers or just "What are you guys doing?" but for what it's worth - the Cyrads in my campaign actively seek out those with Cyrad heritage to use as pawns (who remain unaware of the nature of their "mentors"). I play the Cyrads as pretty arrogant and dismissive of the other races so they prefer to work through those of "more noble blood".

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Remember, the Cyrads left Mithra to give the younger races time to evolve on their own. They left out of compassion, not out arrogance.

The Cyrads could easily use those of Cyrad blood as pawns, but not from arrogance or disdain, but more likely because they feel a closer kinship something along those lines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version