Author Topic: Question about black CHannel I spell  (Read 396 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Question about black CHannel I spell
« on: November 17, 2023, 01:16:40 AM »
In the Evil Cleric Dark Channels list, the Black Channel I description says this:

10. Black Channel I

Caster may cast one of the Black Channel I spells described in Section 10.7. The Gamemaster must determine which one(s) may be cast, based upon: culture, background, deity served, etc. The caster might be allowed to pick and choose.

I can't find this mysterious Section 10.7 regarding this spell anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Question about black CHannel I spell
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 08:43:40 AM »
See 10.7, 'Fatal Channeling Projections'. In the red band edition of Spell Law, that is p. 30.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 12:07:50 PM »
Aha! I am running RMC in FGU and it isn't in that version of Spell Law. Thanks!

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 06:38:28 PM »
Honestly, ideally, you should customize the "Fatal Channeling Projections" (either I, II, or III) to your own "culture, background, deity served, etc.", though I guess it's a bit hard, as there's not guidelines about how weak or powerful such spells should be.
As such, it may be interesting for GMs to use this thread to share their own, customized versions of this spell, at I, II and III ranks.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 09:11:03 PM »
Yes, but I couldn't even find where they were!