Forum > Shadow World

DAGLEA? Mistress of Justice

<< < (3/3)

MisterK:

--- Quote from: pastaav on November 13, 2023, 01:49:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: MisterK on November 13, 2023, 01:08:38 PM ---Kulthea, for me, is a fragmented world, and there's no reason why religion would not follow the trend, because is is first and foremost a cultural construct.

--- End quote ---

Obviously the forces of good has been manipulated to be fragmented and divided, due to manipulation of the global threat from Unlife. Still, why would a world with Navigators as commercial business and organizations like the Loremasters not have made sure lots of more global travel and organizations than in just about every fantasy world?

--- End quote ---
Oh, I don't say it's not *possible* - the Alliance is an almost textbook example of it. I'm only saying that the Master Atlas never provided any hint that it was the case, with the sole exception of said Alliance (which has access to compasses similar to the ones the Navigators used, as a side note). So, the Alliance exists and is the exception. The other organisations expand by conquest and there is no trans-national unifying force, if only because centralisation is extremely vulnerable to inside sabotage, as the Emerian Empire proved, and because the more you expand, the more hideously difficult  it becomes to maintain unity in the face of local ambitions and cultural biases, distances, and obstacles. You would basically need flying ships and teleport stations like the pony express of old west to make it work. The capability is there (if you have casters and alchemists powerful enough), but it's definitely not the kind of world that is described in the canon - fragmented, ravaged by bitter infighting, and hovering on the edge of collapse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version