Forum > Conventions & Conferences

Gen Con 2019

<< < (3/6) > >>

Hurin:

--- Quote from: jdale on February 04, 2019, 08:29:10 PM ---I appreciate your optimism.

--- End quote ---

I did originally have a smiley after my last comment, but somehow it got erased. :) I know the game's not going to be ready for Gencon, but I am excited that we are getting close to the singularity.

If you do find out anything about the RM presence at Gencon, and can let us know, please do when you can. As I noted, I am going, and would be happy to GM some RMU games, if you are looking for people to do it.

Siltoneous:

--- Quote from: jdale on February 04, 2019, 08:29:10 PM ---I appreciate your optimism.

--- End quote ---
LOL... Optimistic?  pshaw.... heck, we have complete and utter faith in you and the cape you wear to work each day.  Matter of fact, I have a reliable witness who saw you heading into work https://imgur.com/a/ViaLQps today.

Cory Magel:

--- Quote from: Hurin on February 04, 2019, 06:02:50 PM ---By the way, never having been, I'm not sure about hotels. Are there any ones that are especially good, or ones to avoid?

--- End quote ---
Pretty much anything within walking distance is my opinion. You're either going to play the housing lottery with GenCon or you're going to pay $$$ outside the block.

Hurin:
Thanks for the lowdown Cory!

Cory Magel:
Unless you are on a serious budget it is incredibly, I mean INCREDIBLY, convenient to be within walking distance.  Airport hotels are super cheap but you spend a lot of time on shuttles (or you'll have to pay for a car AND try to find parking - not easy), it's not a simple matter to take a quick break or nap between events, you can't pop over to your hotel to drop stuff off, etc.  I just pay the extra cash to reserve outside the housing block.

Last time I went I was up from 8am until 2am on Saturday. If I could have paid someone to carry me the two blocks to my hotel I totally would have.

Make sure you ask for a mini-fridge. Some places, even if they say they have them, you won't get one unless you ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version