Forum > Cyradon

tell me more about Cyradon

(1/6) > >>

grubman:
I know this has probably been asked a million times...but people love talking about thier favorite setting anyway.

I would like to hear what actual players of the game think of Cyradon, as opposed to a bunch of armchair GMs.  In ohter words, people who have actually adventured in the world.

Likes?  Dislikes?  a summary of the setting from the GM/players eyes rather than the writer/sellers eyes.

Thanks!

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
In other words, he doesn't want to listen to me spouting off.....   :laugh1: :laugh3:

grubman and I go back a ways. He actually wrote the first review of HARP, IIRC. So, please tell him what he wants to know. What you like about Cyradon, what you don't like, etc. Don't hold back, and don't sugar coat anything.

Also, here are a few reviews of Cyradon (from over on EN World) if you want to read them.

grubman - there is an actual forum for Cyradon, so I am going to move this thread over to it, as I think that is where it belongs.  ;D

grubman:

--- Quote from: Rasyr on April 14, 2006, 07:35:35 AM ---In other words, he doesn't want to listen to me spouting off.....   :laugh1: :laugh3:

--- End quote ---

Well, I do like to hear you spouting off, you've been the number one reason I think that HARP has gotten such excellent exposure on the net...I just want to get the point of view and description of the world and it's strengths and weaknesses from someone who doesn't have it so close to his heart.

I'm on the fence about picking up the Revised HARP, monster book, and of course Cyradon all in Hardcover.  I recently dropped out of my main RPG group (many reasons not worth mentioning.  Lets just say it wasn't all that I wanted gaming to be) and want to start a fresh new group of "older" players.  I'm hankering for some good old fasion fantasy.  D&D is too easy an out (:)) so I'm torn between C&C and HARP right now.  The area I'm living in (around Green Bay WI) has a pretty active little C&C community, and a few RM players, but I haven't found any HARP players, so this will be a bit of a challenge.  I'm deciding if I'm up for it or not.

If Cyradon inspires me, I might also do some adventures for your fan page...because that stuff is fun!

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Have you read the preview (actually, this is the first chapter from the book, before the last editing pass (we changed the name of one organization in that last pass))? If not, you can download it from here ==> http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads/4300_CyradonCh1Preview.pdf and read it.

grubman:

--- Quote from: Rasyr on April 14, 2006, 11:08:20 AM ---Have you read the preview (actually, this is the first chapter from the book, before the last editing pass (we changed the name of one organization in that last pass))? If not, you can download it from here ==> http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads/4300_CyradonCh1Preview.pdf and read it.

--- End quote ---

I've read it before, but will take a look at it again.  I just want to get a bit more of a feeling for the general feeling the setting gives to people who have given it a good read and (hopefully) played at least a few games set there.

Hey, ince I have your atention for the moment, what happened to HARP lite?  If I do go through with this I would probably want to send this out to prospective players...but I can't find it anymore?  Was it too good, and detracting from sales?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version