Author Topic: Minor issues with spells' descriptions  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Dr.Zero

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Minor issues with spells' descriptions
« on: August 24, 2008, 07:25:45 AM »
I just bought my copy of the Codex and reading it I found some lacking scaling options and minor issues.

In the Codex:
  • Mage light is stated like a Mage only spell but it's listed as an Adventurer one.
  • Mystic's spell "Cloud Scrying" is lacking the scaling cost of "increase block" option.
  • Thorn blast has a scaling option, Shock thorn, but the text is lacking. If the target fails his RR does it receive a medium...? I think electrical crit, but not sure

Beyond this , I saw that Circle of magery has many spells added in the Codex and Bazaar Annual. Is it intended to let a Mage to choose his spells to a maximum number (e.g.38)?

Thx

Offline Dr.Zero

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Minor issues with spells' descriptions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
Could someone tell me what are the lacking part in the descriptions please?

Thanks in advance.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Minor issues with spells' descriptions
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

• Mystic's spell "Cloud Scrying" is lacking the scaling cost of "increase block" option.

From first principles (i.e. consulting CoM), that scaling option should be +2 PP.

Beyond this , I saw that Circle of magery has many spells added in the Codex and Bazaar Annual. Is it intended to let a Mage to choose his spells to a maximum number (e.g.38)?

No, they are all meant to be available - other mage variants get extra spells too so it balances out.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme