Forum > RMSS/FRP

Construct Companion

(1/2) > >>

EltonJ:
Do you use the Construct Companion in your games?

The Chorned Jat:
I did not have the chance to but I absolutely would if I had the opportunity - most likely making TPs/spell lists more generally available to alchemists.  Pretty great book IMO :)

EltonJ:

--- Quote from: The Chorned Jat on July 12, 2022, 02:14:07 PM ---I did not have the chance to but I absolutely would if I had the opportunity - most likely making TPs/spell lists more generally available to alchemists.  Pretty great book IMO :)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what I noticed.  The good doctor certainly did his research.  I haven't looked at the spell lists, yet.  But I was wondering if some of the spells could be used for the Mark of Making (a dragonmark in Eberron).

jdale:
I have a PC using the Sentience and Animation lists to very strange effect, not exactly as designed. He has a habit of making things sentient so he can interrogate them instead of studying them like a normal mage. Sometimes this is pretty useful and sometimes it is a bad idea, for example when the item is a 50th level artifact capable of summoning.

I'm not so keen on PCs creating things that are limited only by time and money. It's hard to meter out how much of those things they should have. I prefer setting those limits by level. They do have an animated, sentient wagon though, and a couple of acquired constructs.

EltonJ:

--- Quote from: jdale on July 12, 2022, 03:31:04 PM ---I have a PC using the Sentience and Animation lists to very strange effect, not exactly as designed. He has a habit of making things sentient so he can interrogate them instead of studying them like a normal mage. Sometimes this is pretty useful and sometimes it is a bad idea, for example when the item is a 50th level artifact capable of summoning.

I'm not so keen on PCs creating things that are limited only by time and money. It's hard to meter out how much of those things they should have. I prefer setting those limits by level. They do have an animated, sentient wagon though, and a couple of acquired constructs.

--- End quote ---

Ah.  I take it your PCs have been through a few scrapes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version