Forum > RMC/RM2

RoCo1 Skil at Arms/Magic

(1/3) > >>

Tywyll:
So I lived these tables back in the day, even though I felt they were a bit...strong.

Does anyone use them as is? Do you find the attribute mods too extreme (especially if using the high attribute benefits from RoCo3 and 5)?

Just curious what impact they have.

Majyk:
Same, always went back to these tables as a GM or a Player convincing GMs to use ‘em vs the ChL randomness Special Abilities randomness.

Always Random(back in my day! ;) ; always two rolls per Option, then player picks between them; always a free set of 2x rolls if a Player kept a “Flaw” result of 1-10 on them!

Re: the bumps for Stats:
I’d fold the bonus gained into a PC’s Potential Stat that they’d eventually possess, then raise the Temp Stat to the new Potential - this was in order for that same PC to possibly end up getting a Type A-D Pick from RM2’s RoCoIII’s(V’s as you say) Optional Special Stat Abilities.

So, if a PC had a Potential of ‘100’ for a Stat that they’d rolled a +15 through +25(to insert Stat name here) for, I’d take that bonus and add it on top of the +25 they’d eventually receive and look it up on the conversion chart for exactly what Temp that Bonus would then be converted into(in this case a +40 to +50 Pot. Bonus becomes a new Pot. Stat of 103-105.
For anything less than that, the PC would receive the bump to this new level also so a PC with a ‘90’ Pot. stat and a +15 from the table would end up having a new ‘100’ Temp/Pot. Stat.

It helped me explain why Players would see the odd God, High Level NPC, or BBEG with “over 101 Stats” in the books.

Yes, a touch overpowered but I ran more High Magic games.

Hurin:
I found the stat bumps to be too overpowered, so I allowed rolls on the charts, but we discounted the stat bumps.

Tywyll:

--- Quote from: Majyk on June 05, 2022, 03:02:17 AM ---Same, always went back to these tables as a GM or a Player convincing GMs to use ‘em vs the ChL randomness Special Abilities randomness.

Always Random(back in my day! ;) ; always two rolls per Option, then player picks between them; always a free set of 2x rolls if a Player kept a “Flaw” result of 1-10 on them!

Re: the bumps for Stats:
I’d fold the bonus gained into a PC’s Potential Stat that they’d eventually possess, then raise the Temp Stat to the new Potential - this was in order for that same PC to possibly end up getting a Type A-D Pick from RM2’s RoCoIII’s(V’s as you say) Optional Special Stat Abilities.

So, if a PC had a Potential of ‘100’ for a Stat that they’d rolled a +15 through +25(to insert Stat name here) for, I’d take that bonus and add it on top of the +25 they’d eventually receive and look it up on the conversion chart for exactly what Temp that Bonus would then be converted into(in this case a +40 to +50 Pot. Bonus becomes a new Pot. Stat of 103-105.
For anything less than that, the PC would receive the bump to this new level also so a PC with a ‘90’ Pot. stat and a +15 from the table would end up having a new ‘100’ Temp/Pot. Stat.

It helped me explain why Players would see the odd God, High Level NPC, or BBEG with “over 101 Stats” in the books.

Yes, a touch overpowered but I ran more High Magic games.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a cool way to deal with it!

Malim:
We used them as potential stat bonus, not stat bonus!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version