Forum > Rolemaster

One roll resolution for RM

<< < (2/2)

jdale:
Maybe this thread was for you then: https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=20198.0

I'd be interested in input.

Giovanni81:
I responded to your thread: I like your proposal.
You are a line editor: please insert this kind of alternatives in RMU, as options of course.

Druss_the_Legend:
i use the super fast combat system from RMC3. No combat tables. Hit on a 75+. roll dmg based on weapon and minus defenders AT from dmg. Crits happen on 1/10 of your OB. So if ur OB is 100, you crit on a 91+.
crits happen less often but the damage dealt is higher than the crit tables.
switched to this system to speed up combats. we use roll20 so weapon macros help here.
What im finding is combats are actually longer due to less crits delivered.
im not ready to switch back to tables yet but i would consider increasing the chance of crits in combat - maybe 1/5 of your OB or 1% chance per skill rank.

katastrophe:

--- Quote from: Druss_the_Legend on June 18, 2022, 11:28:44 PM ---i use the super fast combat system from RMC3. No combat tables. Hit on a 75+. roll dmg based on weapon and minus defenders AT from dmg. Crits happen on 1/10 of your OB. So if ur OB is 100, you crit on a 91+.
crits happen less often but the damage dealt is higher than the crit tables.
switched to this system to speed up combats. we use roll20 so weapon macros help here.
What im finding is combats are actually longer due to less crits delivered.
im not ready to switch back to tables yet but i would consider increasing the chance of crits in combat - maybe 1/5 of your OB or 1% chance per skill rank.

--- End quote ---

We also use the super fast combat system but have had the exact opposite result. Our combats are significantly faster than with the charts. The only thing we did that makes the combats go even faster was adjust the damage from the weapons such that they essentially do close to average damage but the max remained the same (ie Broadswords do 10d6 rather than 5d12). We have incorporated as many d6 replacements for larger dice to make the numbers as close as possible. This significantly reduces the wild swing that some weapons have so that a broadsword hit is unlikely to do 7 damage. Under out model the Broadsword does pretty close to 35 with some instances of less or greater. Since we are using Roll20 it was an easy fix. We did not find it necessary to change the cries on 10% as the crits through swingy, can be super deadly. On Friday we ended up with a guy with a 10 point bleeding wound. Needless to say, he is working on his new character as none of us could stop that kinda bleeding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version