Author Topic: RMC v2.1.5  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMC v2.1.5
« on: June 21, 2020, 02:13:37 PM »
There is a new version, v2.1.5, of the RMC ruleset for FG on the test channel now. It will also be pushed to the live channel on Tuesday, June 23.

There are a couple new features added in this version that people have been asking for.

You can now drop table results (attack, critical or fumble results) directly on tokens to apply them.

Attacks can also be dropped on tokens or entries in the Combat Tracker. It will clear your current targets and set your target to the token/entry you dropped the attack on.

Here is a complete list of the changes:
RMC v2.1.5
[Added] Ability to drop table results on tokens
[Added] Allow attacks to be dropped on tokens and CT entries
[Fixed] NPC attacks cannot be changed in CT when added from Encounters
[Fixed] Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_utilities.lua"]:646: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)
[Fixed] On CT alignment of titles in the defense area on the player side
[Fixed] Arms Law Dagger fumble range
[Fixed] Text issues in Character Law

Please let me know if you encounter any issues or have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMC v2.1.5
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »
This is great Dakadin. 

Do you have any resources on how to begin to develop a new ruleset.  IE RMU?

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
This is where I go for information about ruleset development when I have questions: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/4096100/Developer+Guide
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am hoping to do a RMU ruleset in the future also.

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »
From your mouth to Mr. Caldwell's ears. =D

Silt
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »

Silt

;)

I think Pantsorama is already looking to do one for RMU, but perhaps a collaborative effort might speed things along?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »
Help would be appreciated but it would mainly apply to the modules since we would likely step on each others toes with the code.  The only issue with modules is we have to wait for the final version otherwise the work mostly gets wasted.

For the code, I actually have most of the pieces in place but I have to read the rules again to see what has changed since I ran my campaign for it.  Then I just have to make the adjustments to the code that I already have.  Most of it shouldn't be too bad at least from what I remember.  I've also already started the work on the attack and critical tables.

Once I get something together, it would be helpful to play in a couple sessions that someone else runs so I can get their perspective on what needs to change and what issues are happening.  I just need to get it to the point that it won't disrupt the game too much.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 07:45:54 PM »
Pantsorama was talking about Roll20. It would be great to have RMU supported on both platforms, especially since we are in the official year of remote play (I don't know if it's actually official, but it sure feels that way). I am happy to provide rules help for both as relevant, just want to get approval before I send people the current draft rules.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 08:45:31 PM »
Oh right, my mistake; yes, Pantsorama was looking at Roll20. Sorry about that.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 08:29:30 AM »

Silt

;)

I think Pantsorama is already looking to do one for RMU, but perhaps a collaborative effort might speed things along?

I am just about done with the skills, but I am still working from the beta.

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 08:30:33 AM »
Oh right, my mistake; yes, Pantsorama was looking at Roll20. Sorry about that.

Yes - that.  Maybe someday I will tackle Fantasy Grounds, but not today.

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »
FoundryVTT would be a good one too.  IIRC, it uses straight HTML and Javascript for all interfaces and actions.  Even better, it's a One Time Purchase instead of a sub.

My only concern is how they handle IP related ruleset issues.  FWIU every "ruleset" on FoundryVTT has to have explicit approval from the originating company.  I.e. WFRP 4th FoundryVTT modules have the explicit OK from Cubical 7.  Of course (as we all know) licenses can disappear (The One Ring anyone?).

I know it galls some, but at least with Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds (and some others I'm sure), the RPG companies can get direct monetary remuneration for the use of their products as well as reap ancillary sales (books/pdfs/etc...). Hate to see the RPG market head to a place where music is now; musicians aren't making crap because live performances (where they made all their money) is deader than last years fallen leaves.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 02:41:22 PM »
FoundryVTT would be a good one too.  IIRC, it uses straight HTML and Javascript for all interfaces and actions.  Even better, it's a One Time Purchase instead of a sub.

My only concern is how they handle IP related ruleset issues.  FWIU every "ruleset" on FoundryVTT has to have explicit approval from the originating company.  I.e. WFRP 4th FoundryVTT modules have the explicit OK from Cubical 7.  Of course (as we all know) licenses can disappear (The One Ring anyone?).

I know it galls some, but at least with Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds (and some others I'm sure), the RPG companies can get direct monetary remuneration for the use of their products as well as reap ancillary sales (books/pdfs/etc...). Hate to see the RPG market head to a place where music is now; musicians aren't making crap because live performances (where they made all their money) is deader than last years fallen leaves.

Fantasy Grounds is also a one time purchase (or you can sub, but it doesn't take long before that doesn't make sense).

Just learning a new table top system is a PITA - Let alone learning to develop a new "ruleset".  Hopefully there is a foundry VTT person out there who can get this up and running.    Now I want to check them out.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »
Foundry looks pretty good but it would take way to long to get it up to the level of functionality that I've already developed in FG so it just doesn't make sense to me to switch for RM.  If I tried to play something else then I might consider it.

Offline Micael

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 03:36:28 PM »
Hi Dakadin,

I wanted to install the RMC ruleset on FGU, bought it in the Forge but then nothing more happened? Do I have to download/copy it to FGU directory or what? I updated FGU a few times, but only the core RPG ruleset is there and no RMC inside?
By the way can you give me a quick comparison between ERA and FGU with RMC2? I want a Shadowworld campaign and own all ERA files. But with ERA there is no mapping possible and I want RMSS as base of my campaign.

Thanks
Micael