Author Topic: J Dales character generator  (Read 1621 times)

Offline radar410

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
J Dales character generator
« on: June 30, 2019, 01:35:56 PM »
After ten years off, I'm beginning a new RM campaign. I downloaded J Dales character generator, which is a great piece of work. However, I can't find the button to advance in level and automatically move all of the hobby ranks and temporary DP to the spent DP column. Can anyone help me?

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: J Dales character generator
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 05:47:24 PM »
Recent versions of Excel are more restrictive with macros and menu items. You have to enable the content, and then the menu items have been buried a bit. On the menu go to Add-Ins, where you will find a Rolemaster option, and after clicking that it will show you all the things that were supposed to go on the menu.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 05:30:09 PM »
Sometimes you have to exit out twice in excel to make the enable content come up with the latest EXcel, but it does work and work great.

Offline WitchDoc25

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »
I LOVE this character generator! It's giving me all sorts of difficulty in Office 365 for Mac though. Anybody got some tips for getting it to behave? I've done the basics: enabled the macros, unprotected the sheet (temporarily); I found the Add-In tab, with the Rolemaster subtab, but when I click the items in it nothing happens (like auto-rolling potentials, show/hide skills, etc.)

P.S. I've always wanted a chance to say this to you directly: Jonathan Dale, this sheet is awesome and THANK YOU so much for it! I've been using it for years!

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »
:)

Possibly it fueled my desire to see the skill list cut way, way down in RMU though!

I know the Mac version of Office is a little weird but I don't have any hands-on experience there. Hopefully someone else has some useful advice for you.

In Office 2016 you can also run a macro by going on the ribbon to View, pick Macros, View Macros, and then you would get a list of macros that you can click and then click the Run button to run them. In Office 365, you might need to add the Developer tab to the ribbon to access these. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/run-a-macro-5e855fd2-02d1-45f5-90a3-50e645fe3155  Then it's apparently under Developer, Code, Macros.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster