Author Topic: Anyone in Michigan???  (Read 13765 times)

ketmakura

Re: Anyone in Michigan???
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »
I'm in Michigan, and looking for a Michigan gaming group to join. I'm in Port Huron, but I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance to play.

Kronok

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »
Sorry, havent been here in a while.

Email me and tell me a little about your gaming experience.

shadowworld@gmail.com

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 07:59:06 AM »
I'm in Michigan too, but on the Lake Michigan shoreline, hardly reasonable distance.

Good luck in your search!

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 08:17:20 PM »
I'm in Michigan too, but on the Lake Michigan shoreline, hardly reasonable distance.
Good luck in your search!

lynn

Grand Rapids here! But I am only doing PBEM these days.

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
With the help of a current student of Eastern Michigan University, I'm trying to set up a bi-weekly RPG meeting that will initially be on Monday evenings. I have posted potential game ideas on the a2_ypsi_gamers livejournal community (http://community.livejournal.com/a2_ypsi_gamers/) and on the Wolverine Gaming Club's Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/wolv-gameclub).

Additionally, I had dinner at Emmett's in Saline last night. It would make a great location for a more local game, even if the tables are smaller than I estimated when I peeked through the window. I picked up one of their cards.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Avandor

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »
Might be starting a table in or around Holton. (NE-ish of Muskegon)

Also might join a table if we can find a compatible one.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
I'm in Holland/West Olive, just south of Grand Haven.  We're neighbors :)

I'm always open for a game.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Avandor

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »
Sounds like a possibility. It would be good to get at a table again. Throw me an email avandorREMOVECAPS.uos@gmail.com and we'll see what comes of it.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »
I'm still having fun with the group in Flint, and I'd also like to get a closer group going. While I live in Saline, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Clinton, Tecumseh, and Adrian are pretty close.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »
If I ever get my house cleaned up, maybe I will host a game in Tecumseh.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
I'm still working on getting a local group started, but I either need to get an additional job that I like or a replacement job so I can drop the one I don't like, and the one I do if it's better. Additionally, I need to make sure I have weekends open regardless of any job adjustment.

Haven't been to the group in Flint since January, and because there is such a variety of reasons (notably gas prices), I won't speculate on it.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline highpriest_rsw2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Electric six homepage
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Sunwolf and Zhaleskra

I'm not sure what your schedules are like, nor what distances you'd be willing to travel to game but both Thos and I are in Jackson and I'm sure if we put our heads together we could throw together something.
I'll have to discuss it with Thos  and get back to you.
Calling unprotected girls Infected girls do it better

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
According to the directions I just looked up on Google, it's a marginally shorter trip than going to Flint. 23 minutes faster if I remembered what Google said about my house to C & C correctly.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline highpriest_rsw2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Electric six homepage
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
According to the directions I just looked up on Google, it's a marginally shorter trip than going to Flint. 23 minutes faster if I remembered what Google said about my house to C & C correctly.

I did mapquest it and Saline to Jackson is 49 minutes and saline to flint is 1 hour six minutes.
Tecumseh to jackson is 45 minutes and Tecumseh to flint is an hour and a half. You are right.  We are closer but gas is still expensive. It's your choice if you want to game with us or not. We'd love to have you join us. We've been hoping for some new players. We run HARP but Thos has RMC and I have RMFRP if you're into either system. Thos doesn't really want to GM (which is a bummer because he's a great GM!) and I'd rather not have tomif possible because my lengthy work schedule makes adventure writing extremely hard for me. I'd love to learn the system for RMFRP if you know it and can teach me. I'm not sure how you feel about the drive here but I'll be happy to supply pizza and pop for munchies in the event you do.  :o We'd like to see your results for the supplied quiz as well because we'd like to know what kind of gamer you are (and we've sort of made a bet on you scores)  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:29:54 PM by highpriest_rsw2, Reason: the last post sounded crazy! damn migraine headache! »

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 03:05:53 AM »
It would be tons of fun to have more people in the group here in Jackson. As far as who GMs goes, I guess we'll just see what system we're using and who all is involved before we figure that one out. :D My wife and likely two other friends would be joining us. We're a more roleplay oriented group than a hack and slash kind.

Personally, I like to have a really good story with lots of character background. If a session goes by without battle, I'm totally ok with that. I like to be able to get into character and see the world through their eyes, or if I'm GMing I think it's great when I can tell the players are doing that.

...just a little worthless info about me...  :D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 08:33:29 AM »
I'm really wishing the ICE forums had a multi-quote feature right now. Anyway, highpriest_rsw2, I'm not sure if that bet about play styles is about me or sunwolf. If it is about me, are your guesses based on my current signature? Let me know who wins if it is about me, please. Google maps, which allows you to move the route by dragging, provided me a list of times from my house to Jackson ranging from 54 minutes to 64 minutes, depending on where I get on the highway and which direction I enter Jackson from. The only ICE system I'm remotely confident in my ability to run is HARP, not that I think RMSS is hard, I just don't have a firm grasp of where which information is in the book. Guess I need to make tabs, huh?

I, too, prefer games that don't rely on solving every problem with pointy things and magic. Hack & Slash in tabletop is something I see a bit like an extravagant dessert: it's okay every so often, and gets boring quickly when it's the main course.

One of my jobs ended on a positive note, and I recently had an interview with Aflac, and am now waiting for them to schedule the second interview. My remaining job has an evening and weekend schedule, and is very-very-part-time at the moment.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline highpriest_rsw2

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Electric six homepage
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
Good luck on the job!
I'm not really sure who won the bet because it sort of dissolved into not being a bet. I think we both lost then!  ;D
It's good to hear that you are in the same sort of mind frame as the rest of our group on roleplaying. I LOVE Gauntlet on any system so at times I'm a hack & slash junkie as well! (but limited to video games)
We do have atleast one RMSS vet in the group (Thos correct me if I'm wrong...it wasn't RMC was it?) and his name is Dale. He's played with a few mutual friends of ours in the distant past when MERP was king and everything was made from sticks and rocks. (oh, and it was all fueled by the muscular power of mouthy cartoon dinosaurs!)  ;D
We're looking forward to meeting you in person!

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 11:55:07 PM »
Yes, you are correct, highpriest. With any luck, he'll be able to join us. He's a fantastic gamer and my very first GM. Oh man, stop me before I start getting sentimental! ;D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »
I have a list of advantages and disadvantages of Aflac's offer, currently 4:6. Today I have an interview at a local company for a temp-to-hire position, and I look forward to meeting Thos and his wife this evening.

In other news, possible locations for gaming locally are increasing.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because I moved and I can now offer my apartment as a place to game. Now I'm a little farther south (Milan), and while I want to continue with the Jackson group, a game closer to home would be a nice change of pace. For weekly games, I have Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings open. Biweekly games could be on alternating Saturday afternoons or evenings. I'm keeping Sundays off because that's when my most recent group has been meeting.

The games and settings I'm most currently interested in running are:
  • Changeling: the Lost
  • Forbidden Kingdoms (D&D 3.0 Pulp novel emulation/radio serial emulation setting)
  • HARP or RuneQuest (majority choice to which one)

I'm working on another brief adventure outline that I'd want to run in HARP or RuneQuest. The version I of RQ I have is by Mongoose Publishing.
#LotorAllura2024