Author Topic: Combat tables in ERA for RMFRP  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Combat tables in ERA for RMFRP
« on: March 21, 2015, 08:52:19 AM »
ERA for RMFRP is almost done.
There is just one little detail: combat.
ICE is already offering the RMC Arms Law package for ERA, which includes attack tables, criticals and fumbles, all based on the RMC books.
Now, the RMFRP version of ERA will of course allow you to create characters with the professions, races, talents, and spell lists of RMFRP. But what about combat?
From what I understand, the original (1999) Arms Law for RMFRP has tables and criticals that do basically the same damage for the same roll than if you were using the RMC Arms Law.
Then, the 2003 Arms Law redid the way the attack tables are presented, specially changing the way critical types are determined.

My question to you, potential ERA for RMFRP user, is this:
would you be ok using the RMC Arms Law to resolve damage? Or would you not use ERA at all until we provide you with the Arms Law 2003 attack tables and critical descriptions?
Depending on your answer, the sale of the RMFRP files could be ready really soon, or only after we finish reviewing all the attack tables.

Vote on!

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat tables in ERA for RMFRP
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
With the use of Combat Minion, a functional character development tool would work out great. between the two I would have a complete array of programs to serve me and my players well.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »
Based on the votes, and after reviewing the books, I can confirm that we will be offering the RMFRP Arms Law 1999 version.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:13:29 AM »
I would like ERA for RMU.

Offline Deepfire

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blödmannsgehilfe and Mad RPG Collector
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:25:19 AM »
"Based on the votes"? Have you read the numbers how many users voted?
Currently DMing:
13th Age - Citystate of the Invincible Overlord
Fear Itself - Cthulhu adventures
Traveller - Tripwire
Rolemaster – Rise of the Runelords

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »
"Based on the votes"? Have you read the numbers how many users voted?
Hey! Someone voted after I posted! O_o
Well, in any case, the decision is still valid. Right now, it reads: 2 for Arms Law 2003, 2 for 1999, 2 don't care. So if we offer 1999, we are still pleasing 2/3 of our voters.
Don't despair if you wanted to purchase the Arms Law 2003 Tables, I can still do that in the future, we just wanted to know which one to do first and Nicholas suggested a poll.
So, the tables are ready, and the software is ready. I just need to borrow a Mac to do some final testing of the new installer, and we're ready to go.

So do I !!!!
But in order to code the rules in RMU, and make files to represent the tables, I need ICE to publish the second beta books.
As soon as they are available I will surely begin preparing the RMU version. I am just as eager to have it as all the other GM's in the forum, trust me.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 11:08:31 AM »
So do I !!!!
But in order to code the rules in RMU, and make files to represent the tables, I need ICE to publish the second beta books.
As soon as they are available I will surely begin preparing the RMU version. I am just as eager to have it as all the other GM's in the forum, trust me.
This makes me very happy.  Thank you!