Forum > HARP Software

Database questions

(1/5) > >>

dagorhir:
Which database file actually fills the attack drop down in the defenses tab?

Also, here's a topic for asking questions about the database which aren't issues.

DavidKlecker:
I believe that is coming from the CombatFromCoreRules.xml file which is appended to by the CombatFromMartialLaw.xml file if you have that. It is populated with the node <Weapon>

dagorhir:
Thanks

Am I correct to assume that the tag <WeaponCategoryName> will link to the skill associated to the weapon?

Also, how many characters can the attack dropdown can display?

DavidKlecker:
Yes, that's the intent however I don't believe that I actually use that node right now. I believe I was just being thorough since I figured why not just define the category in case I need it later.

dagorhir:
ok, if it's implemented right I won't bother with it for now. The way I use the weapon skills doesn't associated a specific weapon to a specific skill. It depends on the size of the character and the size of the weapon.

For instance, a broadsword, a medium size weapon, will be used as a Great Blades for small characters, Long Blades for medium characters and Short Blades for large characters. One weapon, three skills.

Once the weapon+skill is implemented in Autoharp, I will have to figure out a way to get that into the database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version