Forum > Rolemaster

Rolemaster edition question

(1/4) > >>

daddystabz:
My local FLGS has copies of Character Law, Arms Law, and Spell Law I think for Rolemaster Classic.  I have seen a lot about Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplay too though.  Is RMFRP newer than RMC? If I bought those various books my local FLGS has for sale would I be missing anything really?

kustenjaeger:
Greetings

If I recall correctly the order of publication was:

1. RM1/RM2
2. RMSS
3. RMFRP (a reorganisation of RMSS post ICE bankruptcy)
4. RMC (a reorganisation of RM2 with some add ons post ICE bankruptcy)
5. RMX (Rolemaster Express) - a cut down RMC starter

Regards

Edward

Thom @ ICE:
That timeline is correct, though Rolemaster has repeatedly had overlapping versions throughout the years.  The easiest resource to point you to is icewebring.com

This has the most complete product breakdown that I have seen.
http://www.icewebring.com/ice-products/

David Johansen:
RMFRP was prebankruptcy.  Indeed had they gone bankrupt before it things probably would have gone much better since the new incarnation of ICE wouldn't have been facing fans who had just bought a new edition.

Cory Magel:
Heh, I don't really consider RMFRP new... the only reason it's hard for some to see it being revamped is because it really didn't get supported very well.  Timetable-wise RM is well overdue for a new edition.  And, really, I think it would be best the new ICE to start fresh anyhow.  But, since that would take a good amount of time, I'm sure we'll see the newest versions get halfway decent support for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version