Author Topic: Sea Law  (Read 1977 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Sea Law
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:21:40 AM »
When RMU is finally finished, are there any plans to rewrite Sea Law for the system?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Sea Law
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »
When RMU is finally finished, are there any plans to rewrite Sea Law for the system?

Wow, I thought I was the only person that bought that.  I was in the Navy at the time and we had some Sea Battles in the game I was playing.

-BP

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »
That wasn't even rewritten for RMSS. But if you want to do it you can send Nicholas a proposal!
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »
Wow, I thought I was the only person that bought that.  I was in the Navy at the time and we had some Sea Battles in the game I was playing.

-BP

A few years ago I started picking up a whole lot of RM books I was missing secondhand; this was one of them. At least one person bought the PDF on RPGNow as well (it has one rating).

That wasn't even rewritten for RMSS. But if you want to do it you can send Nicholas a proposal!

Not sure I'm quite up to that, but I was thinking about something involving pirates, and given that there are existing rules, it would seem sensible to use them. But they really could do with adjusting for RMU before doing so, and there would look to be a few ways of doing that. Using the relevant bits, but adjusted, creating a conversion booklet, or having the entire supplement converted.

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »
Since it sits on the shelf behind my desk, I pulled it down for my lunch break.  It is definitely RM2.  I think think might be a good upgrade target once RMU is complete, but behind a few others.

-BP

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »
SL works in Rmss with no adjustments to its rule set.  I use it often for sea and airship battles.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
Then perhaps the conversion to RMU might be equally painless. 

Ooooh, airship battles...  (Sorry got carried away for a moment)

-BP

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 04:16:47 AM »
Ooooh, airship battles...  (Sorry got carried away for a moment)

-BP

Well, Terry did provide stats for the airborne craft in Eidolon, and I think he said they were based on Sea Law. So airship battles are possible.