Author Topic: Why are there open/closed spells past 20th level?  (Read 182 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Why are there open/closed spells past 20th level?
« on: March 14, 2024, 07:19:40 PM »
Based on spell law, you need to be able to research a list of portion "E" to be able to learn past 20th level, I noticed that only base lists are of type "E", so why have open/closed lists past 20th? Is it just for that one special ability that allows you to pick a list to 50th level? :)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Why are there open/closed spells past 20th level?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 07:21:56 PM »
Sorry, I noticed that pure spell users can add 4 other lists as part of their base lists. I can't delete my post, if there is an admin, please delete it for me, thanks.

Offline cdcooley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Why are there open/closed spells past 20th level?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 11:59:59 PM »
You answered your own question, so now it's a reference for anyone who might search for that same thing later. It's always good to have things documents, so no need to delete this one. I remember when I was trying to figure that out and even though that was many years ago I'm sure it took me longer than 2 minutes to make the connection between pure spell users being able to take any list as a base list.

I'm also fairly certain there are options in one or more of the companions allowing use of higher level spells for other spell users (at a higher development cost).