Author Topic: Throwing non standard objects  (Read 401 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Throwing non standard objects
« on: December 15, 2023, 06:03:09 PM »
When a troll or other large creature Throws a rock.
How do you calculate damage, range modifier, possible range calculated from strenght and weight etc.
There is only the thrown tables that deside if you hit your mark or not.
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Throwing non standard objects
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 07:28:34 PM »
The C&T explains it. Look at the table p52, "Giant races": there's a mention about the range and attack table of "a rock (or any large object) thrown by one of the creatures in this class". The "general weapon used based upon situation and availability" table at p4 also states which table to use (though not the range).
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 02:52:47 PM »
Yes, I knew of C&T. But its a very "weak" description.
 Ill look at GURPS for an idea.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 06:33:37 PM »
How is it weak? It gives you the OB of the creatures, the attack table to use, and the range of the attacks. What do you need more in RM2?
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 08:48:46 AM »
Range modifier like bows.
We have an Ogre in our group. So what rocks can he throw at what range and how big :D

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 01:14:50 PM »
I'm skeptical about granting one PC free extra abilities based on size when the rest of the system hasn't been designed accordingly. That said, if you look at RMU, there are rules for the size of the rock or weapon (x4 weight per size increment), the damage (x1.5 for one size increment, x2 for two, x3 for three, etc), the critical adjustment (+1 severity per increment), and the range (use the same modifier for damage on the range increments).
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 09:38:57 AM »
He develops throwing to be able to do that.