Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2023  (Read 651 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2023
« on: December 16, 2023, 02:13:40 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-forty-ninth Briefing and twelfth scheduled Briefing of 2023.

Dragonmeet

Another successful convention in the form of Dragonmeet 2023, despite the train strikes causing vexation to many attendees. I had many interesting conversations with fans and also a discussion that might lead to a Foundry VTT implementation for Rolemaster Unified.

There are suggestions that Dragonmeet is likely to move to a larger venue next year as the convention is straining the capacity of the Novotel Hammersmith. ICE will attend regardless of the location.

HARP

I have completed the editing work on HARP SF The Corporate Worlds. It is now back with Dave Martin for him to resolve my comments and add in appropriate stat blocks. I would expect that Dave’s fantasy adventure module (Tales from Banecroft : The Mage’s Tale) will be published first.

As Phil Masters pointed out at Dragonmeet when he called by our stand, he is looking forward to seeing his book, HARP Steampunk, published in 2024. HARP Steampunk will be the next HARP manuscript to be edited.

AutoHARP

This is a headsup that in the new year that we will be replacing the current AutoHARP edition with a new code base. This will be released as a new product. Consequently, we will be sending out DriveThru codes such that existing customers can migrate for free to the new version. This is a headsup to please set your DriveThru preferences to be able to receive publisher messages from us.

ERA for Rolemaster

Max has made a series of changes to ERA such that spell lists can be filtered when a new spell casting skill is added. The updates will be available very shortly.

Max has also been working very hard on the new RMU Treasure Law dataset so that this can be released near simultaneously with the pdf of the book.

Rolemaster Unified

Speaking of Treasure Law, I have begun my final sweep. Once I am satisfied that all corrections have been made (and of course I have already found some things that need adjusting), we will set the release date.

Until next time

Back to Treasure Law for me. As the next scheduled Briefing will be in the new year, all that remains for me to do is wish you a very Merry Christmas (or other holiday of your choice) and a happy new year.

Please stay safe and keep gaming.
Best wishes,
Nicholas
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme