Author Topic: Pure evil, but fun.  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Pure evil, but fun.
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »
This morning I had me thinking of something a GM did once in a campaign some years ago.

Setting was 3 players, a Forcemage, a Paladin and an Armsmaster, levels 14 to 18 or so. For some misterious reason, the Forcemage kept getting killed by the same crit (E Slash -> Hand chopped off, 81-85 if memory serves), but since the Paladin did have access to all the healing lists, we somehow always managed to finish any nastiness before soul departure and the Paladin would then cast all Joining spells, and life would resume as usual (healing herbs were used to speed up recovery time).

Eventually, it was almost a joke, as dice would continously conspire to get that Forcemage to part ways with his hand. So one day something weird happenned ...

The mage lost his hand -> Nothing exceptional.
An Orc run away with the hand -> ?????
When we caught up with the orc he'd just finished EATING the hand.

Oh my, hilarious. We eventually had to find an unwilling donnor for a new hand and the Forcemage was forced to wear gloves ALL THE TIME, which did make some settings more fun at to play.

I thought the GM was pure evil but oh so funny.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Pure evil, but fun.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
That's great! I'm adding a discolored hand mage to my NPC roster.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
 I do not remember if the Lay Healer is a profession in RM2 but he/she could have also gone that route. But it is not quite as fun as the one you describe.
 It also reminds me of the movie I just saw Dillon Dog: Something Something Something; and how his comrade gets killed and comes back as a zombie, minus an arm. Now in this "world" in which most sups are intelligent and are somewhat different from main stream ideas of them. His partner when killed lost his arm, upon awakening Dillon and he go to a body shop to pick out a replacement. Yes his partner is a somewhat smallish white person who gets a black arm with tats. Sort of funny.
MDC   
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline mightypawn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!

Great Story!