Author Topic: motorcycling  (Read 1751 times)

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
motorcycling
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »
I'm an avid cyclist, and motorcyclist.  If it's got two wheels, I love it.   Recently got a new motorcycle, thought I'd share pictures and see if there were any other motorcyclists out there.   It's a 2009 Harley Crossbones.  I think it could use more skulls.

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: motorcycling
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
Yep. Don't have one at the moment, which kills me every spring.
Darn that salt pork!

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »
Been riding since I was 10 yo.

A few years back I had to sell my Royal Venture, 1300cc of full dresser cruising glory. 

I have a 250 Vespa I picked up cheap.  Great little ride, and it fills my addiction need well enough.  It is unlikely I'll get another $16k bike ever again  :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Looks sweet.
 As per the skulls you can add them later as you run over people ah-la Death Race 2000 (old version with David Carradine (sp?))

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:56:26 AM »
I live in Seattle and we have two seasons.  Spring (for four months) and fall (for 8 months).  Cost vs benefit they just aren't practical here.  Otherwise the wife and I would likely get a pair of bikes... and probably a side car for the dog.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline KacyCrawford

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
I'm an avid cyclist, and motorcyclist.  If it's got two wheels, I love it.   Recently got a new motorcycle, thought I'd share pictures and see if there were any other motorcyclists out there.   It's a 2009 Harley Crossbones.  I think it could use more skulls.

Cool! Love it.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
I live in Seattle and we have two seasons.  Spring (for four months) and fall (for 8 months).

That's such an exaggeration. I grew up in Seattle and I know perfectly well that in an average year you also get 2 days of summer and 1 day of winter.

Moving to Massachusetts was a bit of a shock...
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »
This year the summer was nice, pretty much stayed in the low 70's to mid 80's since late May.  But these days mid-May or June to mid to late Sept is pretty much the 'nice' weather.  I'm ready to move somewhere warmer these days.  If I could just get my friends to move with me...

Eastern Washington is a whole different.  You actually have four seasons there, but then you have to deal with the 100+ days.
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
Heh, speaking of crappy weather...

We've been having epic downpours the last couple days (the run for cover type of rain).  We found out the new gutters we put in a couple months ago work GREAT.

How did I find that out aside from the downpour?  Because they worked so well we found out our french drain system is probably shot... it backed up and poured water into the basement.  Nothing catastrophic, half dozen towels and a couple fans needed, but I had to go out and redirect the water spouts out of the system and away from the house in said epic downpour.  Fortunately we had some stuff specifically for doing that from the old house in the garage.  If we hadn't of been home it would have been a lot worse.

Oddly I now need a shower even after being drenched in about 5 second flat.
- Cory Magel

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
I never even knew what a French drain was, and now I do... thanks for mentioning it. I learned something new today!
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
Yeah, they work great... when they are working.  Really good system if you have yard that slopes towards the house.  Our house is from the mid 60's and the original drain field for the septic tank had been replaced before we bought it, so it's not all that surprising the french drains are toast too.  Although, even though they definitely aren't working properly (probably collapsed), if the rain wasn't coming down so hard it probably wouldn't back up.  I'll need to sure the spouts are directed away from the house before later Oct/early Nov hits.

And, for on topic... a friend and I are headed down to the Harley Dealer so we can spend $14k of his money.  I think he's nuts, but he has money to burn, so I guess he'll have enough fun with it.  I do think it's funny though: A Brit riding around on a Harley. :)  He's just gonna order it from the factory, get exactly what he wants, so probably no deals either.
- Cory Magel

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »
There's really no deals on Harleys anyway.   What's he getting, a Sportster?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »
Sportsters run $8-10k, the entry model if you will.  I owned a Harley when I was a kid and will never buy another V-Twin.  Modern 4 strokes are more to my taste.  Less vibration, quieter and less maintenance.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
I believe so, but it might depend on what kind of add-ons he wants.  I know he wants (and needs) a slim though.  He's a small guy, maybe 5'6" or so and like 145lbs.  So a big bike just wouldn't be good.
- Cory Magel