Author Topic: Guardian Mind  (Read 668 times)

Offline Ronan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Guardian Mind
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:41:54 PM »
Hi! I'm new here. I love the world of Shadow World. I'm not very fluent with English, so I would like if you can help me find information about Guardian Mind, and in which book to find this information, because I loved finding that reference in the base book, but I couldn't find more later.
Thanks!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Guardian Mind
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 09:18:59 PM »
There's a mention on page 223 of the Loremaster Legacy novel. Maybe not much than what is said in the timeline in various books.

A more thorough description can be found on page 74 of the Shadow World Master Atlas 1st edition addendum. Since it's not for sale anymore I'm not sure if it can be shared here. Also it would be a huge spoiler for those playing but not GMing in Shadow World.

Offline Ronan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 11:54:54 AM »
First of all, thank you very much for the answer.
Second, I'm the one who runs the world, I actually extrapolate some things from the game to add it to my game.

Third, what I imagine, is some kind of "Xmen Cerebro" in a mechanical city, guarding at least one of the eyes of Utah, with a bunch of cryogenic chambers, where they keep some other Althans, and ancient technology. It even occurred to me to combine it with the Exalted Artifices Architects, and with the Eberron Warforged Master Forge, the D&D Setting

Fourth, if you could give me a little more information about it, because I don't have the novels, and the truth is that it's a question I've had since I bought the game more than 20 years ago xD

anyway, thank you very much.

Online MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 12:07:14 PM »
It is an orb on a pedestal in the center of a domed chamber, accessed via an elevator since it is deep under the surface. A Lords of Essaence key is required to access both the elevator and the chamber. The room is empty except for the pedestal and the luminous oval panels about the perimeter. The Guardian appears as a kind of lifelike hologram of a K'Taa'Viir woman. She asks if the visitor has a question.

The point is, she cannot answer. It has been cursed by
(click to show/hide)
and cannot impart the knowledge she has. It is intelligent and capable of independent thought, but cannot communicate any information. It cannot be accessed mentally either.

And, no, it does not guard one of the Eyes (one is still at the South Pole, the other is
(click to show/hide)
. Neither does it watch over K'Taa'Viiri in deep sleep. Basically, it's a very intriguing, pretty much useless piece of incredibly advanced technology :)

Sorry to disappoint. You can still make your own version of it :P

Offline cdcooley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 02:02:42 PM »
It's supposed to be the master librarian gathering and guarding over all knowledge. Now it's even better at the guarding part since it can't share any of what it knows.

Offline Ronan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 07:34:26 PM »
Thank you so Much, Guys.
:D