Forum > Spacemaster

Sm2 question

(1/2) > >>

markc:
How big is a andrium[anti-matter needed for light speed travel] processing plant? Can you have one on a spaceship?

MDC

David Johansen:
Based on the Silent Death information I'd guess that an Andrite factory is huge unwieldly and expensive.  The government was deliberately holding back advances and subsidizing the industry to stay expensive..  An Andrium factory in the new millenium is probably a reasonable ship board installation but it's probabably still pretty large, reasonable for a cruiser but not a destroyer.

markc:
David,
 Thanks I am prepairing to run a SF game with a lot of the SM2 setting material. That is if it is approved by my players.

Thanks again
MDC

Guillaume:
The Official Andrium ( the one you can buy from API ) comes probably from huge and expensive factories.

Now, there's a SM adventure ( The Durandrium Find ) that more or less hints that you can find naturally occuring Andrium that used with minimal refining and that last longer than the Official one.

[ Note : I deliberately didn't take into account the events contained in the Silent Death timeline ]

Balhirath:
There's also the problem of power consumption. It's rather useless to have am Andrium plant on a ship, if it takes more energy to produce the andrium than the ships engine can produce (using the same Andrium.)
After all, if you could put an Andrium plant in a ship, you might as well integrate the plant in the engine and have almost unlimited range in your space ships. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version