Forum > Shadow World

Andraax - local god?

(1/4) > >>

Brimariis:
Could Andraax (or anyone with great power - i.e. Ondoval) become a local god?  What would it take for Andraax to become a local god?  Does a local god have to have a certain proximity?  Isn't "The Oracle" considered a local god?

I have used some of the old supplements from WOTC (Primal Order) in the past and one of the major pieces is the local god needs worshippers.  If Andraax gained worshippers, how dynamically would the world shift?

Pondering,
Brim

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
I would say it depends upon the mechanics of godhood.

Personally, I tend to see it as something along the following....

1) Worshippers basically channel their inherent mana to god through prayer (ritual worship channels even more power).

2) The gods is connected to individuals to whom power is channeled back (i.e. clerics and such).

3) Clerics use the power from their god in order to gain more worshipers.

Now, the prayers of the worshipers sends the power to the gods

Typically, I require that character dedicated to a specific god has to go through a ritual which establishes the connection from which the Cleric draws his power (usually this is an off camera event), it is usually called Investiture.

I would think that there would have to be something along the lines of a "critical mass" of worshipers before somebody would be ascended to godhood. And that ascension would also transform them in the process as well, turning them into a creature of spirit (much like the Lords of Orhan).

Just a few thoughts...

Old Man:

I wonder what the critical mass should be before the first channeler appears? How much energy does the God/proto-God want/need before some leeches? leaks? is given? back to the priests?

Food for thought,
Old Man

yammahoper:
None ever comes back because a gods hunger has no limits.  All gods seek to become the one god, and this can only bedone if they devour all the others.

lynn

Brimariis:
Are we refering to the Lords of Orhan or alluding to Agothu?   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version