Author Topic: ERA Software : RMSS/FRP A few questions..  (Read 1182 times)

Offline NicodemusRa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Software : RMSS/FRP A few questions..
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:32:00 PM »
So I dove in and purchased the software over the weekend, I'm very happy that I did. I did however have a few questions..

1. How does one do a Stat Increase Roll via the Background options? I know the functionality works fine at level up/advancement, but can't figure out how to select a Stat increase in background options and perform the roll

2. At character create, for a Pure magic user, how do I select my 4 additional lists, and ensure they are considered "base" for purposes of development point progression

3. Finally, this might be a general background option question, but how do I apply the extra ranks of spells that come via the "Power Minor" background option?

Thanks!

Offline NicodemusRa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Software : RMSS/FRP A few questions..
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 06:56:10 PM »
For #2 - I managed to find a decent work around by adding these spell lists in during the "Hobby Rank" portion, which then made them easily selectable later on

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 05:05:39 PM »
1. How does one do a Stat Increase Roll via the Background options? I know the functionality works fine at level up/advancement, but can't figure out how to select a Stat increase in background options and perform the roll
Hmmm, purchasing additional stat gains during level up will always charge you DPs for it.
There are 2 manuals steps you could take:
- Use the stat gain dialog to do the roll, cancel the level up, then manually enter the new temporary.
- Do a stat gain during the level up, but the last 8 DPs from your ranks should be used to manually add ranks instead of using the normal spending mechanic, to avoid the check that you can't complete a level up with negative DPs.

2. At character create, for a Pure magic user, how do I select my 4 additional lists, and ensure they are considered "base" for purposes of development point progression
Click on the customize button next to the profession name during creation. You can Ctrl+Click the list on the right to choose additional lists, or change them completely.

3. Finally, this might be a general background option question, but how do I apply the extra ranks of spells that come via the "Power Minor" background option?
There is no automatic feature for this. Once the character is created you open the Character Sheet module and edit the corresponding list with the ranks. You can also edit the detail on the character information tab with mention of which spells you have chosen, to help with record-keeping.

Lets us know if that covers all your questions, and thanks for asking!

Offline NicodemusRa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply, that's got me sorted, appreciate it, and thanks again for the program, it's fantastic and a true time saver. I started generating NPCs for my next session, then things went out of control, 15+ characters later I am truly enjoying myself :)