Forum > Spacemaster

Spacemaster Imperium OCR and Text Recovery

<< < (3/12) > >>

Terry K. Amthor:

--- Quote from: Lucifer_Draconus on February 08, 2014, 12:55:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Terry K. Amthor on February 07, 2014, 12:17:00 PM ---Sounds like there is some interest in the Spacemaster Imperium setting! I'm excited to revisit this. Maybe even expand that old fiction...

--- End quote ---

I'd love this as well be it in the form of new SM2 based adventures or updated campaign material & eventual release of a SMU RPG. I'm all for Terry expanding his old SM fiction  for potential re-release (as I missed out on it) & new SM stories as well. I'm a fan of his Shadowworld fiction.

--- End quote ---

I wrote a serialized story for Alarums & Excursions way back in the 80's under another of my nom de plumes (might have been Biff) about an agent solving a murder on Akaisha Outstation. Sadly, those floppy disks are long gone, and A&E was a classic mimeo'd thing that wonderful Lee Gold slaved over. Ah, well!

Terry K. Amthor:

--- Quote from: Takeyabue on February 11, 2014, 11:05:15 PM ---Is there any kind of setting bible, or usage guide, which provides the authoritative version of the terms and abbreviations using in the StarMaster 1st and 2nd Edition books? I have begun to review some of the text extraction efforts I already completed. It would be very useful to have a final authoritative version on the bulk of the terms so we can all move to the same spelling and abbreviations when proofing.

--- End quote ---

Well, now would be the time to establish these terms. I don't know how practical it would be, but if contradictions come up, if they could be flagged in a PDF or Word draft, I could review them.

yondar:
I would be happy to help out with this. Has it been decided if you need whole books OCR'd or just certain texts.

smegforbrain:
Count me in for this!  I'll try and allow for the american spelling (Armor instead of Armour)  ;) whilst I'm doing it.

I've had 25 years of fun from my 2nd edition SM and would love to give back.

Stuart

Guillaume:
I'll check if the software I have at hand can do the things... The good part is that I have all the physical SM Books, so I can probably scan them again at work if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version