Forum > Rolemaster

Hiding Stat Bonuses

(1/3) > >>

markc:
 This is a branch of the thread in the General section on High/Low Mental or Social Stats.

My question is; how would you hide your stat bonuses? Would you allow someone to switch their bonus with up to a negative of it? ie simply multiply it by -1, so a +10 becomes a -10 or anywhere in between.

Or would you use a skill, such as acting to fool people?

Also can you detect for people of a specific stat value? ie you have the stat bonus of a person but not have them mind stored or any other such thing. Can you simply detect for that persons stat bonus? Or can you detect for a series of stat bonuses as it is much more likely to be unique to them?

MDC

yammahoper:
That is the strangest and most incomprehendable post you have ever made, imo.

It is also a meta gaming question.  You have no idea what someones "stat bonus" is cuz in the "real world" that our imaginary NPC's live in, there is no such thing.

Would a PC ever need to know a NPC's sta mod?  No.  The GM may influence an esttimate by the player according to the NPC's description, i.e. very muscular, bright and alert look, etc.

Dreven1:
I agree with yammahoper.  I don't think a Character would know a stat bonus... a Player should, but not a Character.  :-X

If you wanted someone to physically  appear weak instead of strong I would say that might be an illusion of some sort.

If you wanted someone to appear stupid instead of brilliant then” Acting”? maybe?  :o

If you wanted someone to appear as if they didn’t have any Self-discipline then Acting again?

If you wanted someone to appear slow physically...Acting?

If you wanted to hide someone’s magical prowess based on the 3 realm stats I would say some type of spell akin to "Un-presence" that would hide their "REAL" power??

There is a spell that makes someone appear more powerful than they really are.  I would say you could flip that same spell and make someone appear less powerful than they really are :)

Just my 2-cents,  :)
Drev

providence13:
Perhaps a really good Awarenes-Senses or Observation could tell you that the person is just acting like they are limping but aren't really hurt.

This post makes me think of the new Sherlock Holmes movie. In a quick glance, he can tell almost anything about a person.
For someone like this, you might want to fake a "stat bonus". But someone like that could probably tell, anyway.

markc:
  ;D Sorry for the lat night or early morning crazy post.  :) 

What I was trying to say was the following:

1) as was pointed out here,

--- Quote from: rdanhenry on December 08, 2010, 06:17:11 PM ---Most people with a high Presence have the ability to turn the attention-getting aspect on or off at will. It isn't simply a matter of appearance, it is a matter of behavior and detecting high Presence when not in use is probably about as easy as detecting Usain Bolt's insane Quickness bonus if you just met him standing around at a party. Many such individuals turn it up just to enter a room, but professional performers may transform when they get on stage or a politician or preacher when he gets ready to address a crowd.

--- End quote ---

Can you hide you high Pr bonus or turn it off?

2) Detecting Stats:
 While posting I was thinking above the Battle Tec "if you make your sensor roll hand you sheet to your opponent for X amount of time" or in RM something beyond the you get race, level, profession.
 But no problem I will make up a spell if this situation arises or allow a spell to be SM to allow it.

Thanks All
MDC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version