Forum > Spacemaster

Favorite Version?

(1/3) > >>

KenPopehat:
Do people have strong favorites as between SM2 and Privateers?  Thinking of running a game over Zoom and trying to decide.

(My experience is with the original.  I’m so old I remember riding my bike to the Post Office to get a money order to order the original through the mail.  I think it was advertised in Dragon magazine?)

Hansuke:
You would probably do well by sticking with Privateers if you want new blood. That's just my opinion though. I like SM1, SM2 and Privateers for different reasons. SM1 is still on my night time reading desk because I like the feel of young rpg life that it had. I prefer SM2 when playing military games mostly because of Star Strike and Armoured Assault. Privateers is just a more modern game feel, in my opinion.

GrumpyOldFart:
My favorite setting is to take SM2 Imperium and have them make the decision to issue Letters of Marque and Reprisal a la Privateers.

I don't care for the Privateers races.

Hansuke:
I have only played Privateers a couple of times and it was with human-centric characters. I never delved into the other races; not sure why. I mostly like the Tech Level discussions and the different types of Tech Level influenced vehicle equipment in Privateers.

GrumpyOldFart:
To me the whole premise of the other races is just cheesy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version