Forum > Cyradon

A Darker Cyradon & Gryphon World

<< < (2/5) > >>

markc:
 I hear your points but from my understanding the main product is aimed at all levels of fans, From the young to the old.[Like me] And in my experience the more gritty campain stuff is generally for 16-17+ groups. But in no way does that hinder anyone IMO from changing their game.

I think you could have a good thread here or maybe a fan site devoted to darking up the game.

Some of the things I think you could do are as follows:
1) Not as much trust amoung races
2) reguler raids by outside groups
3) The desolation fluxuates from good to bad in the areas it says are healing.
4) plots that incorperate big bad things happening to groups. Posession, deamons, devils, etc allways something going on so as to promote tension amoung the groups. Have groups think they are doing good but are actually doing things that make stuff worse.

MDC

SamwiseSeven:
I had a feeling that they want the setting to be for everyone.  I also heard a rumor that the original Cyradon was a little darker, and they toned it down a bit.  But I could be wrong on that point.  Rumors are rumors after all.

I like all of the points you made, and think they would all do to help block out some of the brightness, hehe.

I just see utter evil in the base of the mountain that is slowly bubbling up to the surface.  I like the idea that perhaps some of the Royal Roads lead to some darn right messed up places, and when they began to work again, some of these doorways that should have been sealed up for good, perhaps, opened up, letting in all sorts of nastiness to twist and distort the already twisted and distorted beings living beneath the ruined city of Belynar.

I guess what I want is the way that the World of Darkness line describes their setting, as normal, but just a bit darker in almost every way conceivable.  I want my version of Gryphon World to be like that, darker than what is actually published.

In my game I have the Schirae Elves doing all sorts of wicked things to normal elven children, turning them into monstrosities with a blend of arcane curses, and an artifact drilled into the backs of their necks and heads.  They kidnap the kids, and adults to practice on.  Those that have survived, or escaped, tell dark tales, if they can speak at all...

:)

On Cairnus Island north of Cyradon, I have the puppet government taking a "blood tax" on the populace.  Chosen by lots, random people are taken prisoner to give their life up for their rulers.  Non are sure what they are used for exactly, or what they need that much blood for, but let's just say, it isn't pretty...  I took what was written about Cairnus Island in the Cyradon book, and multiplied it by about a factor of 100.  hehe.

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
SamwiseSeven -- you really ought to purchase the Cyradon Gazetteer. It will give you the truth about what is going on on Cairnus. (The Gazetteer is more of a GM's product, filling in details, especially things that players wouldn't know...)

As for Cyradon being a darker place. There never was a darker version. There was the unfinished version which had to be redone almost from scratch because ICE felt that it was too similar to something else.

The current version is the way that ICE wants it. It is also the way that future products for it will be. Sorry, but we won't be turning it into a horror setting.

However, it does have the potential for you to run it that way if you like. ICE was very careful to allow for all sorts of campaign styles and gaming styles with very little changes by the GM.

Thos:
It would be nice to see a world for HARP that was good and dark, perhaps in the way of Ravenloft, Midnight or something similar. If not any place in Cyradon, then I'd love to see it in something new...  ;)

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Sorry, but don't be expecting ICE to do any "dark" worlds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version