Forum > Cyradon

A Darker Cyradon & Gryphon World

<< < (4/5) > >>

jasonbrisbane:
I see the Janeal versus Danae elven cultures as the Good elf versus bad elf setting..

I see the Danae elves as being the 'drow" versions....

markc:
 I think it is Yammahopper that has almost all elves in his campaign as a dark race that wants eveyone else to follow there lead and serve them. I think you can thing of examples from history to compair them to with out disparaging any one or country. But I could be wrong about Yamma as it is late and I did not get a lot of sleep last night.

MDC

SamwiseSeven:

--- Quote ---SamwiseSeven -- you really ought to purchase the Cyradon Gazetteer. It will give you the truth about what is going on on Cairnus. (The Gazetteer is more of a GM's product, filling in details, especially things that players wouldn't know...)
--- End quote ---

I got it already. :)  I liked Cairnus Island the most, as it had a lot of possibilities for my twisted imagination, hehe.  You're right though, maybe I should re-read it again, it's been awhile.

--- Quote ---Maybe you should have a look at the Echoes of Heaven setting.
--- End quote ---

I just bought the first book of the setting, but I haven't had a chance to read that much in it.  It does seem to have that dark quality though.

--- Quote ---A bit of a ramble, but imo it doesnt take much to make Cyradon a horror setting.
--- End quote ---

You had lots of nice thoughts on things there Bunny.  I also think it is pretty easy to manipulate the threads of the setting to make a nice fantasy game with some horrific ideas blended in there.

I also have been using the Cyrads as great manipulators, out for their own goals, regardless of how many lesser beings die as grease under the pyramids... (well not actual pyramids, but you get the picture).

Thanks for all the responses.  :)

SamwiseSeven:
I bet Nicholas is working up some interesting stuff for Something Wicked that would darken the skies of Cyradon.  >: )

Right Wing Wacko:
Just saw Hellboy II and the elves in that movie were... shall we say, interesting. I recommend the movie.

As a disclaimer of sorts, I was never really a hellboy fan, but my boy wanted to see the movie. I ended up enjoying the movie as well as birthing many cool gaming ideas...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version