Forum > The Guild Companion e-zine

Guild Companion Site Is Down

<< < (4/5) > >>

Colin-ICE:

--- Quote from: netbat on July 16, 2021, 08:34:01 AM ---Would that be a single pdf for each issue/month or pdfs of the individual articles?
I generally find the webpages more useful, but individual articles would work as well. Particularly if you had them tagged and could search/browse by tags(i.e. spell list, house rules, RMSS, MERP, etc.)... I get that submissions were down, but it seemed that the main driver for the webzine ending was lack of time/support/interest in editing and managing the site. Any chance it will re-open or something similar will start up again?

--- End quote ---

My plan (or maybe I should call it a dream) is to take individual articles and put them as downloadable pdfs on the website so the Rolemaster page (for instance) would have a tab saying "Rolemaster Content" (or something similar) which would lead you to a page that you can either browse everything Rolemaster related or filter further (to RMC or RMFRP) and then down to (Characters, monsters, house rules etc).

I can't answer whether the Guild Companion will restart but another aspect of my plan/dream is that eventually people are encouraged to submit things to the respository and that one day we have a load of free content for people to download and use whether that be characters, maps, mini adventures or house rules etc.

I should point out that given the part time nature of my work with ICE and the myraid other things that need tending to, this is not necessarily going to be a quick process.

jdale:
While PDFs are nice, I imagine if you just link the .html pages for each article it will take about a tenth as much work and be done correspondingly faster.

Colin-ICE:
That's a good point.

Maybe I'll do that as an interim solution and then I can slowly convert things to fancy pdfs in my own time.

Frabby:
Thanks ICE for bringing it back, at least in Archive mode. The magazine had an incredible run!
I'm not particularly partial to any one format, but a search function or searchable file would be preferrable.

allentown:
Any chance of a status update?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version