Forum > Rolemaster

Project BASil: Mentalism Spells

<< < (2/11) > >>

Hurin:
I'd like to see any list for any semi profession of Mentalism. The great thing about Mentalism is that it is not inhibited by body armor, which makes it good for semis; but none of the existing RMU classes really take advantage of this. So I'd like to see any lists of the sort that the old RM2 Mentalism semis had: e.g. Arms Master, Noble Warrior, etc.

B Hanson:
Ok, here are the first group of Mentalism spells from the BASiL project. Keep in mind that I organize them by "Disciplines", not by profession driven base lists. These are all modification of self spells. Some are good for Monks, some maybe for Mystics or Nightblades. It's easy to mix and match to create Profession assigned base lists. I'm still not including the spell notes but happy to answer any questions.

Hurin:
Overall, they are a lot of fun. Thanks for posting them!

A few notes:

--There is no spell for level 6 on the Self Weapon List.
--The power level of some spells is arguably too great. In particular, I am thinking of the first spell, 'Non Fatigue', on the Self Control list. Making the caster immune to fatigue penalties for 1 min/level is exceptionally powerful for a caster in RMU, since fatigue penalties are the main limitation on the speed of prepping spells. If one is immune to fatigue, one can cast spells with much less prep.
--History points for adding in Stoicism references!

jdale:

--- Quote from: Hurin on July 13, 2017, 10:48:39 PM ---In particular, I am thinking of the first spell, 'Non Fatigue', on the Self Control list. Making the caster immune to fatigue penalties for 1 min/level is exceptionally powerful for a caster in RMU, since fatigue penalties are the main limitation on the speed of prepping spells. If one is immune to fatigue, one can cast spells with much less prep.

--- End quote ---

We're removing that, so that particular aspect will be moot. I only gave the lists a quick look, there might be other issues.

One thing that did jump out at me was that durations of 1 min/lvl are good for combat spells (e.g. those size modifiers) but seem low when using change self type spells for disguise, infiltration, and other non-combat oriented purposes.

Hurin:

--- Quote from: jdale on July 14, 2017, 01:44:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hurin on July 13, 2017, 10:48:39 PM ---In particular, I am thinking of the first spell, 'Non Fatigue', on the Self Control list. Making the caster immune to fatigue penalties for 1 min/level is exceptionally powerful for a caster in RMU, since fatigue penalties are the main limitation on the speed of prepping spells. If one is immune to fatigue, one can cast spells with much less prep.

--- End quote ---

We're removing that, so that particular aspect will be moot.
--- End quote ---

And there was much rejoicing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version