Author Topic: Rolemaster 30th anniversary competitions revisited  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster 30th anniversary competitions revisited
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
Last year we started a long line of competitions to celebrate 30 years of Rolemaster, and now we’re finishing them!

So far we have completed Arms Law competitions and (almost) completed the Spell Law competitions. We’ll then move on to Character Law, Treasure Law and Creature Law. Winners from these contests will then be voted on by the fans to select an overall winner in each category. The category winners will receive a hardcopy version of the corresponding new Rolemaster book. The winners will then compete against each other to find an overall “Rolemaster’s 30th anniversary competition winner!”

So here’s the schedule:

Present – 04/30/2013

Spell Law – We’re looking for your best story involving Spell Mastery. Whether your spell mastery has saved you just in the nick of time or had terrible, terrible consequences, or even really interesting applications for the spells, we want to hear about it. Even if you don’t win, it’s always fun to reminisce over past glories (or failings as the case may be).

You can submit your stories here or on our facebook page.

All of May

Character Law – Throughout May we’ll be asking you to submit your character designs and judging them to find a winner in five different categories. We’ll announce the different categories at the beginning of the contest but you can submit as many entries as you want so why wait?

All of June

Treasure Law – In June we’ll be asking you to submit your “homemade” treasure and judging them to find a winner in five different categories. Again these categories will be announced nearer the time but you can make as many submittals as you want so start thinking of ideas now.

All of July

Creature Law - In July we’ll be asking you to submit your monsters. We’ll be looking for the best monsters in five different categories and then announce the winners at the end of the month.

All of August

In August we will begin the voting in the forums for the overall winners in Arms Law, Spell Law, Character Law, Treasure Law and Creature Law and then the “Rolemaster 30th anniversary competition” overall winner.

We’ll be announcing further details on Character Law, Treasure Law and Creature Law at the beginning of the months via our mailing list and the news section of our website. To make sure that you don’t miss anything sign up to our mailing list now.

Now start submitting your Spell Mastery stories, we want to hear them all. Post them on the forums or Rolemaster or Iron Crown facebook pages.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Rolemaster 30th anniversary competitions revisited
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »

Can we include Magic Rituals in with Spell Mastery? (For those of us who used ROCO III waaaay too much back in the day. :) )
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Certainly....
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Modius

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
It's been 10 years since I last played RM which I started playing in the late 80s. I. Am very much looking forward to getting my current gaming group back into RM with the 30th anniversary going on. Next few weeks will be a blast reading all the retools.