Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 118630 times)

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »
I am just coming around to appreciating how useful this could be. I would love to see it updated for RMU. Sadly, I don't have the skills to take it over though.

I have been using Combat Minion for my RM2/Classic game now for about 8 months and it has been a massive enhancement on the game.

As someone who grew up with RM and knows the books/charts pretty well I would pride myself at being pretty good at resolving a crit or attack fast I'm pretty good but obviously no where near as fast as the click of a button.

Has sped our games up a huge amount!

Like others here sadly I just don't have the skills to take it over.
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2021, 02:01:32 AM »
Hi.
I have noticed that the javelin and spear ranges (RMSS version), are changed.

Offline Mumakil

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2022, 11:29:42 AM »
First at all thanks to the creators of this excellent product.. I wish I had it on my youth!
After a year with no playing, I found that no longer works well withc my mozilla browser. Doesnt load my backups, neither install the tables.

I tried on Chrome and works very well.. does anybody knows the reason?

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2022, 11:31:02 PM »
First at all thanks to the creators of this excellent product.. I wish I had it on my youth!
After a year with no playing, I found that no longer works well withc my mozilla browser. Doesnt load my backups, neither install the tables.

I tried on Chrome and works very well.. does anybody knows the reason?

Thanks for the kind words. Please let me know the precise version of your browser and I'll test it. And if possible please provide any more details regarding the symptoms, and whether you're restoring from a backup file. Feel free to PM me. Cheers.

Offline jeff28

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »
Is this still active?  I see the product page at drive thru-
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/123795/Rolemaster-Combat-Minion-RM-Classic-License

However when I click on the links for the web app it does not load,  If I buy this can I still use it?

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline jeff28

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »
Never mine I got it to work with the Edge browser, in Chrome getting a 'Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.' error. 

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2022, 11:20:03 AM »
Never mine I got it to work with the Edge browser, in Chrome getting a 'Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.' error.

Thanks for this post.  Going to try it in non-chrome now, see if that resolves the error.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rediscovering the Joys of MERP
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2022, 01:10:13 PM »
I've noticed there have been several websites that Chrome is not "reading" correctly. Seems patchy at the moment but I expect that an update will fix the errors at some point. For the record my version of Chrome on a Mac is loading the interface fine.

Offline Saramund

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2022, 02:43:33 AM »
Hello,
is MERP weapon and crit tables included in the licensed version?

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »
Hello,

No, it's either Rolemaster Classic tables, or Rolemaster RMSS/FRP tables. Cheers.

Offline Saramund

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2022, 03:06:19 AM »
Hello,

No, it's either Rolemaster Classic tables, or Rolemaster RMSS/FRP tables. Cheers.
Thank you
and if I could prepare and share the digital version of Merp tables, would you consider doing it?

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2022, 06:18:50 PM »
Thank you
and if I could prepare and share the digital version of Merp tables, would you consider doing it?

Sorry, but no. I no longer develop or maintain this software. I'm at a different stage of life now, with different priorities. But I'm happy to answer questions about it, and try to help if others have issues. Cheers.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2023, 05:24:40 PM »
Thank you

Sorry, but no. I no longer develop or maintain this software. I'm at a different stage of life now, with different priorities. But I'm happy to answer questions about it, and try to help if others have issues. Cheers.

Hello @Merkir - firstly again thank you again for taking the time and effort to develop this tool. Minion is HUGELY useful thanks.

I totally understand that you have taken a backseat in terms of this software - I do have a question if you don't mind/if you have a possible idea off the top of your head:

I've just found that my Minion link in Chrome (where my main RM game stats/characters are) is returning a "404 Not Found Error". Going into the Developer settings and the "Back/Forward Cache" I get the following info "Only pages with a status code of 2XX can be cached. HTTPStatusNotOK"

Any idea how to solve the 404 error or get into my cached data from Chrome to extract the (many 100s!!) of NPCs I have Combat Minon please?   :'(

Combat Minion runs fine on IE, Brave, Firefox etc. For each of those browers I am running a different RM game, Its access to the Chrome data, which till today has worked fine, that I REALLY need.

Any thoughts or guidence very much appriciated.

Thank you

Chris
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2023, 05:55:17 PM »
Thank you

Hello @Merkir - firstly again thank you again for taking the time and effort to develop this tool. Minion is HUGELY useful thanks.

I totally understand that you have taken a backseat in terms of this software - I do have a question if you don't mind/if you have a possible idea off the top of your head:

I've just found that my Minion link in Chrome (where my main RM game stats/characters are) is returning a "404 Not Found Error". Going into the Developer settings and the "Back/Forward Cache" I get the following info "Only pages with a status code of 2XX can be cached. HTTPStatusNotOK"

Any idea how to solve the 404 error or get into my cached data from Chrome to extract the (many 100s!!) of NPCs I have Combat Minon please?   :'(

Combat Minion runs fine on IE, Brave, Firefox etc. For each of those browers I am running a different RM game, Its access to the Chrome data, which till today has worked fine, that I REALLY need.

Any thoughts or guidence very much appriciated.

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris, can you confirm what you see when you click the following official minion link?

http://www.web.com.au/rolemaster/minion/

If that is still bringing up a 404, please PM me and I'll try to help if I can. Cheers.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2023, 06:23:59 PM »

Hi Chris, can you confirm what you see when you click the following official minion link?

http://www.web.com.au/rolemaster/minion/

If that is still bringing up a 404, please PM me and I'll try to help if I can. Cheers.
[/quote]

Hi Merkir - no still no luck. Please see the screenshot attached and I have have just PMed you too.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2023, 07:43:10 AM »
Hello,  I know that the author of the program is not going to give continuity to it, but there is no possibility that he can give it to other people who want and can update it to the new RMU?
Thanks

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2023, 08:50:55 AM »
I believe Merkir did offer to do that, but I'm not sure that anyone took him up on the offer.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2023, 06:18:34 PM »
This is another callout to anyone who wishes to upgrade the Combat Minion software to support RMU, please let me know.

Regarding the future of the current Combat Minion, and to allay possible concerns, I have no plans to change either of the currently supported versions (RMC & RMSS/FRP). I own the domain and hosting on which Minion resides, so I expect continuity for those versions for the foreseeable future - years I expect. If a time comes when I believe I can no longer maintain the software/hosting, the first step will be to ask ICE to remove the Minion data products from sale on DriveThruRPG. I would only do that with as much notice as possible - years if possible. Since I am allowing their continued sale, I trust this is some reassurance that Minion in its current form will remain around for some time.

All the best, and thanks for all the kind words over the many years. :)

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2023, 05:43:19 PM »
 :)  I'm so glad to hear that this isn't going anywhere for a while. I hope someone steps forward to help you with advancing the new system.
Best of luck with that and thank you for the most used asset I have.
Mark H.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2023, 12:03:40 PM »
Hello

For anyone perhaps considering buying this software and wanting to see a more recent video of Minion in action check out the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cYZyhO1J4

Cheers