Author Topic: Where will you buy your Rolemaster?  (Read 68106 times)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Where will you buy your Rolemaster?
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »
if there is only the PDF option, I'll rather make my local print shop happy and have them make a fine bound version than use a tablet.

That is an awesome idea.  I wonder what it would cost.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »
Judging from previous experiences, between 20 and 100 bucks, depending on your personal taste for "fine bound version".

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2020, 02:11:21 AM »
I’d buy my books through Amazon if physical, though first as PDF on the Drivethrurpg website.
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »
I’d buy my books through Amazon if physical, though first as PDF on the Drivethrurpg website.

I think Drivethrurpg also does physical prints of the pdfs, but I have no idea what their quality is or if they might not be able to do it for RM due to licensing.
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »

I think Drivethrurpg also does physical prints of the pdfs, but I have no idea what their quality is or if they might not be able to do it for RM due to licensing.
DriveThruRPG do print on demand via Lightning Source. This is not something that they do of their own accord. The publisher has to set up the files as print ready PDFs and then submit them. It is a fairly painless process and if all goes well it takes about a week to ten days to go through the file checking process and then get proofs ordered.
The quality is not as good as offset printing but I have never had a bad book from them.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline chook

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2020, 07:45:37 AM »

The quality is very, very low.  I would not purchase a physical book from them at all.

Offline KeithT

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »
I think I would go with PDF, if I did need to print then will have a look at what options are available, I would make sure that I could have that option when buying.

Offline steff

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »
i know this thread has been here for a long time but just out of curiosity, why aren't you doing this as a kickstarter?  people would pay up front and commit to the purchase of the hard copy and you would not have to go to press until you met your goal..

many of my friends purchase game material on kickstarter.  it's very convenient for them and there is a wide variety of game material out there these days.

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2021, 11:09:18 AM »
i know this thread has been here for a long time but just out of curiosity, why aren't you doing this as a kickstarter?  people would pay up front and commit to the purchase of the hard copy and you would not have to go to press until you met your goal..

many of my friends purchase game material on kickstarter.  it's very convenient for them and there is a wide variety of game material out there these days.

This - I understand that managing a Kickstarter campaign can be difficult, but OSR is raking in the $$ right now.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2021, 04:28:26 PM »
Count me in for the possible kickstarter to pre-pay for a hard copy.  I don't use pdf's or tech (other than a calculator) when I'm gaming.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2021, 11:57:34 AM »
EBay and Amazon mostly. Ofcourse I buy new Shadow World books as they come for sale. Just got my 97th hard copy book. There is quite rare books included. 27 year of gaming have melted my brain.. ;D
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline Torshavn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2021, 04:36:15 AM »
I have a question, please:
Were can I buy Rolemaster, HARP and Shadowworld in germany, if I don't want order by amazon?

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2021, 08:26:44 AM »
Were can I buy Rolemaster, HARP and Shadowworld in germany, if I don't want order by amazon?

I think by DriveThruRpg (not sure if they ship to Germany): https://www.drivethrurpg.com/
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
You could try putting the books in your shopping cart on DriveThruRPG.com but then go to pegasusdigital.de to check out.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Kiesnowski

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2021, 11:16:38 AM »
I have always preferred a physical copy. The biggest problem has been finding a place to actually buy a copy. The game stores in my area have extremely limited supplies of anything other than straight D&D. Certainly PDF format is very convenient for portability. So I will probably buy one hard copy and find a PDF for mobile use on my computer. I would love to buy direct from ICE if that is possible.

Offline Vladimir

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2021, 12:21:45 AM »
  Since I am mobility impaired, I usually do all my shopping online and when gaming rely on a laptop with gamebook libraries and spreadsheets for characters.

My current GM is strictly books -I often gift him with the out of print books he lacks in his collections because he is my friend and he loves gaming.
When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
-Lao Tzu

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »
mix of physical books from game stores (hard to find now)
online buying of physical books eg. Amazon
PDFs.

Offline dead

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2023, 03:08:38 AM »
Will Rolemaster Unified ever be properly offset printed for distribution to gaming stores? Or will it remain a Print-on-Demand product?

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2023, 08:19:01 AM »
I bought a lot of gurps books in amazon. All perfect untill now. 2 days shipment without additional cost. My plan was to buy rolemaster in drivethru in physical version. After adding taxes and 18 euros in shipment with a stimated   shipment time of Almost 2 weeks.... I just bought pdfs and printed them. I wish amazon were an option for rolemaster. Those shipment cost are a nono to me.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2023, 03:01:24 PM »
Will Rolemaster Unified ever be properly offset printed for distribution to gaming stores? Or will it remain a Print-on-Demand product?

Based on the scales we are looking at, it will never make sense to do offset printing. The minimum print run is too high. And then you need to warehouse the inventory and have to ship it, ICE doesn't have a location that would work for that.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster