Author Topic: Shadow World collecting: a question about the SW Master Atlas 2nd Edition...  (Read 818 times)

Offline dead

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I've been collection Shadow World books and I just had a question about the SW Master Atlas 2nd Edition for anyone who bought this book from new.

The map that comes with it is the 3' x 4' one that was in the 1E boxed set... but, when folded, it sticks out about half inch from the top and sides of the 2E book (see photo attached). So I was wondering how it was packaged when originally sold.

I can only think of 2 possibilities:

1) It was placed at the back of the book with a backing board and then the whole lot shrinkwrapped. This would mean the backing board or a loose sheet would need to have the back cover printed on it so you could still read the blurb and the barcode could be scanned.

2) It was placed in the middle of the book with a backing board and the whole lot was shrinkwrapped.

Did anyone out there buy this from new? As an RPG book collector, I'm curious to how it was packaged.

Thank you

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Great question.

Working for a comic and games shop, Back in the day, all maps did get shipped within the centre of the books/magazines.

…but agreed about a cardboard backing board(or two to sandwich the map between) needed to give protection to such flimsy and frail loot!  Otherwise, the 1st ed Boxed set had it on the top of the books within, loose.

Interested to officially know, also.

Offline cdcooley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I bought it new, but that was a long time ago and my memory isn't quite that good. My copy of the book as a tendency to open between pages 146 and 147 with a noticeable gap there even when it's closed, so either I've looked up information about Navigators more than anything else or that's where the maps were inserted in my copy.