Forum > Rolemaster

How do you use a computer to help you play RM?

(1/6) > >>

Griffonbait:
This has come up in the thread Poll: Which versions of Rolemaster do you play?

In what ways do you use a computer to assist your playing/GMing or say character creation, etc.

As I stated in that thread:

I use a random treasure generation program that I wrote for Windows (and no, it is not a spreadsheet but a true Windows program written in C#2005 - a masterpiece even if I do say so myself  ;)). I do sometimes look up my PDFs using Acrobat when I can't find what I want in my printed copies, but I have never used a spreadsheet to say, run combat or deal with skill checks, etc.

Anyone else want to have a say?

Cheers,
Griffonbait

Balhirath:
I use exel for charactersheets and some PDF (According to my GF a laptop looks less messy than 5 rulebooks on the table.:) )
I dont use Random treassure and I dont use Random Encounter programs.

Ecthelion:
We use the a spreadsheet - which is also available in the downloads section - for tracking character damage and XPs. Some of us also use a spreadsheet for character creation.

Onirim:
I never, never, never use any computers in play. The presence of this kta'virii artefact isn't really "ambiant" ^^
But i use a calculator :D

Tarek:
I  use JD's spreadsheet for character generation, and an ASP .NET application for tracking CEATS II Initiative, look up damage & criticals, track damage and spell effects, resolve maneuvers....

I don't use random encounters or treasure,and don't use the standard experience, so I don't use computers for those.

I've got inexperienced players and am too lazy to do maths when I'm not at work, and writing the ASP code was as much to help me get my head using it for web based programming as for the game (I used to have an excel sheet for damage & crits before that).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version