Forum > Rolemaster

Common Abbreviations for Rolemaster Products

<< < (2/9) > >>

ictus:
One of the problems is that some of these changes are recent, so historically

RMC1, RMC2 etc etc where, and for some are RoleMasterCompanion1-8

RMX till last month (or the month before) was the abbreviation for the hoped for and much discussed new version of RoleMaster.

RME which is now discouraged was only recently changed to RMX.

As such there is a lot of confusion, not perhaps here so much but on other sites, and for some like myself RMC1 RMC2 etc may always mean the companions, as I'm to established in my ways to change my habits so easily (give me time).

In time if we use the new abbreviations (with notes perhaps) people other than those on this site may start using them, but if they don't we should live with it, after all they where right then, and it is only for convention that things have changed...

Dax:
Pardon, which is the official abbreviation for the Express Additions ?
EA1, EA2,                          :hm:
XA1, XA2
RMXA1, RMXA2

RMC Companions = RMCCo ?     We will need this soon  ::)

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Express Additions  == EA3

RMC products won't be getting named as "RMC Companion x", Each product should have a relatively unique name (that is the goal as least).

--- Quote ---RMX till last month (or the month before) was the abbreviation for the hoped for and much discussed new version of RoleMaster.
--- End quote ---

The use of RMX for the revision was never official. I know that I may have used it a few times but that would have been me talking not ICE in those revision discussions (I even argued against using RMX for RM Express, but we see how that turned out.....  ;D)

ictus:
It's all about what is out there in the wild, and to change that will take time, so if someone abbreviates something and it isn't obvious what they are referring to, or even if it appears to be obvious check, as they may be using the non official but established abbreviation, after all it is very easy to misunderstand people if you aren't there in front of them.

Balhirath:
Hmm
What about SUC (Spell Users Companion) and AC (Arms Companion)? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version