Author Topic: What to expect in version 4e  (Read 1742 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
What to expect in version 4e
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:47:30 PM »
I'm busy incorporating various minor modifications and changes into the manuscript. At some point, I will be releasing it as version 4e -whether this incorporates revised vehicle stats as a result of the SysOp Equipment & tech rules being finalized depends on how many minor mods need implementing. As this phase is mostly reactive rather than proactive, I'm not going to issue a ToDo list, but instead a Done list.

The big changes so far are:
Skills:
1) Optional rule for related specialty skills
2) Combat Driving & Mounted Combat can give extra bonuses after penalties bought off
3) Engineering disciplines are pruned
4) First Aid - more detail
5) Foraging/Survival gets its environments
6) Frenzy rejigged for ranged combat

Talents:
1) Fate Points may be used versus vehicle crits

Equipment:
1) New rules to cope with combination and miniaturisation - or as the alpha playtesters put it the ability to have a sonic screwdriver
2) Hunting Blaster, Incendiary grenades, Satellite Communicators, Satellite Navigator, adhesive sprays, camouflage netting, collapsible furniture, portable shower/sanitation units
3) ranges inserted or modified for various scanners and communicators
4) suggested skills for stealth gear
5) pulse grenades fixed, scope and telescopic eyes interaction clarified
6) addition to blast bonuses to blasters when exploded removed as now powered by powerpacks not individual weapon cells (so awkward to call if a weapon cell is fully powered)
7) Grenade Table included

Vehicles:
1) Howitzers

Adventuring:
1) equation inserted for terminal velocity
2) Sensor Suites added as smaller shorter-range version of Sensor Systems

Combat:
1) revised atmospheric and space ranges for vehicle weapons

Psionics
1) All bonuses from Electrokinesis: Energy Dispersal, ESP: Precog Attack, Defense, Maneuvering, Telekinesis:  Cryokinetic Field, Kinetic Field, Pyrokinetic Field, Telepathy: Defense have been reduced to being +10, +20, +30, +40, +50 rather than +1 per skill rank, etc.
2) Blasters added to Kinetic and Pyrokinetic Field, clarifications on Telekinesis and Telekinetic Hand

Plus various minor corrections.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:13:32 PM by NicholasHMCaldwell »
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What to expect in version 4e
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:58:28 AM »
Hi,

No incindary grenade?

(just for information, you do already an unbelievable amount of changes / additions and I don't want to sound ungrateful)

BR
Juergen

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: What to expect in version 4e
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:36 AM »
Hi,

No incindary grenade?

(just for information, you do already an unbelievable amount of changes / additions and I don't want to sound ungrateful)

BR
Juergen

Actually they are in. Missed them in the original list. Updated now.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme