Author Topic: Locating "Lost" Authors to Bring Back "Lost" Books  (Read 21912 times)

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Locating "Lost" Authors to Bring Back "Lost" Books
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2021, 02:36:22 AM »
An update for the interested reader; discussions on a way forward have been ongoing in the background as to how I can help further. And yes, I do understand this is a very sensitive issue for some authors. 

If you are an author and want to see your work made available again, please contact @Colin-ICE to cover the licensing bit (his email address is also on the ICE website). 

My first priority (springing from my own interest) is to work towards seeing War Law available again.  David Blank is the only missing author for whom I have no contact information at all; any clues (by PM if you like) would be appreciated.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2021, 12:02:44 AM »
I will say that, while I was quite unlikely to come to a mutual agreement with the previous incarnation of ICE, I had very little doubt that there would be any issues with the current individuals in charge and we almost immediately came to an agreement that we were/are both perfectly happy with.  If anyone on the fence would like to discuss any of that in detail feel free to private message me.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (> = greater than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2021, 02:56:32 AM »
We need your help!  After quite a lot of work in the background, @Colin-ICE and I have been able to contact and get agreement from some key "lost" authors, but to enable the publication of near-complete scanned products, we need to find two authors:
  • Lem Richards, who we think is on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/lem.richards, but we think because it is easy to miss a message from someone not in your friends list he is not responding
  • David Blank, for whom we have no identifying information
Does anyone here have contact with these two guys?  Or have clues or other contact methods?

And if you are the author of another product not in print, please contact @Colin-ICE, because he now has a streamlined process for you.

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
Update:  Lem Richards is now in contact with @Colin-ICE

Offline The Chorned Jat

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2022, 03:09:49 PM »
Update:  Lem Richards is now in contact with @Colin-ICE
Congrats! I'm glad this project has been ongoing all this time!
(no personal connection to old products here, just a fan who used to own them :) )

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2022, 03:58:01 PM »
If anyone is a paid member of LinkedIn they might try this for David Blank (not sure if it's who is being looked for)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dnblankedelman/
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2022, 11:45:28 PM »
We think from work done by members of ICE discord that https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-blank-5946082/ is the correct David Blank.  But we don't have paid membership to check.  @Colin-ICE was going to follow up.

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2022, 11:54:19 PM »
The next priority is to find the author Mike Carlyle, and this will unlock re-publication of RM2 Companion II and RM2 Elemental Companion (which was forgotten in the lists above).   From the old author lists and acknowledgements inside the publications, we think P. Singh Khanna and Art Ridley will have clues to help us contact him (they were in the same gamer group).  These authors have been in contact with ICE based on earlier work in the thread.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2022, 08:33:36 AM »
The next priority is to find the author Mike Carlyle, and this will unlock re-publication of RM2 Companion II...

That would be big; RM2 Companion II has the whole skill listing with all the charts in the back for skill cost. I imagine it would sell pretty well.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2022, 03:51:59 PM »
The next priority is to find the author Mike Carlyle, and this will unlock re-publication of RM2 Companion II and RM2 Elemental Companion

The two books I use most from RM2 LOL.  RMC-II is the bible for creating a PC and my whole gaming world is elemental magic only so the EC is used tons. :)
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2022, 08:20:46 PM »
Possibility for Mike?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-carlyle-3707b726/
- Cory Magel

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2022, 06:50:11 AM »
Yes, RM2CII would be THE key companion to have back in print, which is why I am so keen to find Mike Carlyle.

(For those who don't know the rarer RM2CVI, it actually has a restructured and unified skill list simplifying all the skills from the companions that go before it. By calculations earlier in this thread, all authors are known and so it is with ICE to answer whether it is able to be republished.  I have scanned and OCR'ed my copy in preparation.)

Thanks for the suggestion Cory.