Forum > Shadow World

Future Shadow World Material

(1/5) > >>

jaesyk:
I was wondering if anyone knows if or when there will be another SW release? Also with the release of RMU, are there plans to update the Shadow World Master Atlas for use with the new system?

Thanks  in advance.

Cory Magel:
That's difficult to answer at this point I suspect.  With Terry gone I think, legally, it's up to whoever all his assets went to.

Hurin:
There was a statment after Terry died that ICE does plan to release Emer IV eventually. So I think that is still on the table. And I know there has been discussion of creating RMU stats for SW (though I don't know where that project stands).

katastrophe:
Maybe I am naive but it seems that would be one of the easier projects that could completed. Rereleasing the Atlas with just the relevant changes for RMU seems pretty easy. Not like it has to be rewritten from scratch. Only relevant changes would be required and it could be released in PDF form relatively quick. But maybe I am completely wrong on this. But it seems there is minimal changes that would be needed aside from some NPC building and describing in RMU the races. 

nash:
Getting the complete set of RMU books out may not be the easiest thing, but they will:

* Give ICE some solid revenue (Mithril on Drivethru must be close by now)
* Get a foundation and rule set for all to publish new material
* Allows new players to pick up a fully supported system and expand the rather crusty old group here
* Hopefully get most of the old fans on the new system (won't be all, but hopefully most)
So while I really look forward to more Shadow World, I think they'd be crazy aiming for a niche product when there is such a solid mainline product to work on.

Of course what is the licensing arrangements like, are the file formats the same... So much crud to wade through that we don't see here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version