Author Topic: Rm Character generator  (Read 3604 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rm Character generator
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
Besides the one in the vault, is there another RMSS generator out there? 

Offline Langthorne

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Interrogator: "Do you know who we are?!"
Re: Rm Character generator
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
I think a few of the regular posters here do have their own character generators, so if you are in luck, one or more of them will read this thread...and maybe even direct you in the right direction.

What is it about the Jonathan Dale character sheet you don't like? I have found it to be very good (and you can make changes to it if you need to).

Edit:

Ecthelion has a link to his Rolemaster website in the House Rules Boards (Character spreadsheet and lots of interesting stuff there).
:flame:

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
Dont get me wrong I use Jonathen Dales sheet now, just wondering if there was any other options out there.  I think it is the most complete one I have found.  Now if we can get combat companion into it.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:46:30 AM »
Now if we can get combat companion into it.

I'm trying to add it to J.Dale sheet along with a friend of mine. Unfortunately our project is proceeding very slowly because we're both working on our graduation thesis...
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Fenris2k

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 12:12:49 AM »
I would also like to find a RMSS character generator

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
Does it have to be an Excel spreadsheet? You could use ERA (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/250427/ERA-for-Rolemaster)

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 02:31:40 PM »
I don't know if this is the one your talking about but I always use RoleMaster Office. I find it quick easy to use and it prints out nice character sheets along with non-character sheets. I use it to make both my PC's for my game and NPC's.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rmoffice/

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »
I don't know if this is the one your talking about but I always use RoleMaster Office. I find it quick easy to use and it prints out nice character sheets along with non-character sheets. I use it to make both my PC's for my game and NPC's.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rmoffice/
I love when people make these programs, I really do, but please make them so that non-programmers can operate them. I cannot find the .jar file that is supposed to run the program. If it is in one of the many, many subfolders, I don't know where and haven't been able to find it. And trying to find java on my computer is taking forever - as well as the fact that they say to look in "Programme (x64)" when I don't have that. I have "Programs" and "Programs (x86)." So, I don't even know where to look.

Please, please, please make this stuff easier to use. And if I have to load in all the various pieces/parts, that will make it so I can't use it even if I can figure out how to get it started.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 01:21:20 AM »
I simply downloaded it. Unzipped it to a folder, opened the folder and clicked on the RMoffice -(whatever version you downloaded) Executable Jar File. It was the last one when I unzipped it.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »
The thing is: I cannot find the jar file. I did all the same things, only no jar file to be found.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 02:23:46 PM »
It should be right in that base folder. It's titled "rmoffice-4.3.20.jar" and in the same folder where "howto-launch-rmoffice.txt" and the icons, readme, and templates folder are located.

If you don't see it, either:
* You have antivirus software that is blocking the creation of an executable file, or
* Windows is not showing you the .jar extension so you simply aren't noticing it is the file you are looking for.

Regarding that latter possibility, hiding extensions is what Windows does by default, because they assume you can't be trusted with that information. So:
* In Windows 10, click View on the ribbon and check the box for "File name extensions"
* In Windows 7, tap the alt key to show the menu, then go to Tools/File Options, then go to the View tab and uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types."
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »

Regarding that latter possibility, hiding extensions is what Windows does by default, because they assume you can't be trusted with that information.

Savage!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 05:36:02 PM »
In fairness, it's more that you might change an extension without understanding what you're doing. But you get a warning if you do that, so I still think it's dumb.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »
In fairness, it's more that you might change an extension without understanding what you're doing. But you get a warning if you do that, so I still think it's dumb.

It is most definitely dumb, and aggravates me all the time.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
I took a screenshot of what is in the folder once I unpack it. It is much easier to upload it to Discord. Any possibility of taking this convo to the ICE Discord channel?

Offline gog

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 04:32:16 AM »
which bit of the ICE discord are you putting the picture in?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 03:16:37 PM »
Under: ICE Game Systems | Rolemaster

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
I posted another image, with explanation.

PS: We can't modify out posts anymore?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 06:40:29 PM »

PS: We can't modify out posts anymore?

There was always a time limit -- or at least as long as I've been here.